+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 93 888 refurb/restoration

Quote Originally Posted by stiglarsenDK View Post
    Yes... but SPO came with the cheap "Pizza" discs... not the nice ones on jsedacca's bike ..
    I have several sets of those crappy pizza cutter discs if you want them. The early ones before they made them semi-floating.

I was experimenting with Spirits of salts the other day with brake cleaning and found that strips anodising instantly :-)

Has anyone ever found a good yellow/green replacement for the Zinc chromate finish they used to use on magnesium ? I picked up some mag carbs the other day but they need re painting to stop corrosion and it also needs to be fuel proof.
    Last edited by ducatipaddy; 10-26-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Just a quick update. I received the Ohlins shock from Ken Hall at SBSuspension after an overhaul/rebuild. Ken was great to work with and had it turned around in less than a week. I promptly got it installed along with the subframe/undertray mounted.

I've been chasing a leaking right fork and have it torn back apart for inspection. I have a new o-ring on order from ducati which helps the 2 piece tubes seal along with a circlip. Not sure if this was more worn than the other side, but hopefully it cures the issue. Everything else is new (seals, bushings, dust seals) so this is the only part left. I'll order another seal just in case to have on hand.

That is the only part from having a rolling bike. Once its back on the ground, I'll start routing the wiring and cleaning up the harness.

Jared
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jsedacca View Post
    Just a quick update. I received the Ohlins shock from Ken Hall at SBSuspension after an overhaul/rebuild. Ken was great to work with and had it turned around in less than a week. I promptly got it installed along with the subframe/undertray mounted.

I've been chasing a leaking right fork and have it torn back apart for inspection. I have a new o-ring on order from ducati which helps the 2 piece tubes seal along with a circlip. Not sure if this was more worn than the other side, but hopefully it cures the issue. Everything else is new (seals, bushings, dust seals) so this is the only part left. I'll order another seal just in case to have on hand.

That is the only part from having a rolling bike. Once its back on the ground, I'll start routing the wiring and cleaning up the harness.

Jared

Looks great Jared ! What kind of chemical did you put on the rear frame to make it turn to ALU ?

I have a few black SPO rear frames... hmmmm , good idea !

Quote Originally Posted by stiglarsenDK View Post
    Looks great Jared ! What kind of chemical did you put on the rear frame to make it turn to ALU ?

I have a few black SPO rear frames... hmmmm , good idea !
    I always liked the look of an aluminum subframe and decided to have it coated in a metallic silver that mimics freshly blasting aluminum.

+ Reply to Thread