+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ducati SP2

Two nice 851 corse models ...whats the year and spec of those in the picture Mark ? We've recently finished building an 888 track day bike to a 1993 'corse look' spec...will post some pics on here very soon

adei851

Quote Originally Posted by adie851 View Post
    Two nice 851 corse models ...whats the year and spec of those in the picture Mark ? We've recently finished building an 888 track day bike to a 1993 'corse look' spec...will post some pics on here very soon

adei851
    Adei-

The '89/'90 is a factory Works bike-- one of three built by Farne for the '89 season. Ferracci raced it in '90-Jamie James. It has all of its original parts right down to the Ti fasteners-- and the aluminum ID plate which Falappa told me indicated that it was a rider's #1 bike. I believe it could be the first of the three bikes Farne built that year. The frame number is very clear on the headstock.

Amazing detail on the bike- Hand TIG welded frame. Every injector top is stamped with its position number and painted red in the stamping. The paint number for the type of cams are still on the cam covers. I have many pictures of the unique fabrication of this bike.

The ECU has Roche and Polen's name written on it.

It had been repainted terribly in the past so I had to completely strip it down and repaint it.

I was very lucky to buy the bike-- and even more lucky when my friend Massimo in Italy found the original mufflers for this bike on Italian Ebay a week after I bought the bike.

If you have ever seen pictures of the Ducati museum this bike is a sister to the #3 bike in the row of Corse's.

I could go on and on about this bike.

The '91 is one of four upgraded Customer Corse's which Ferracci bought for the '91 season. I have all of the factory paperwork. It was sold to a racer in Mexico who crashed it. I had to strip it and use a frame jig Marvin made to weld it back straight. It is a wonderful example and still has the painted #1 on the tail light frame which I have pictures that show it was ridden by Polen that year.

The differences between the two bikes are amazing - shows how quickly the factory when from handmaking the complete Corse's to needing higher productions and using street frames as the basis for the Corse's.

Default 89 Ducati Lucchinelli Rep

Well that's another bit of Ducati history sold to its new caretaker Mark, and it could not have gone to a better one.

Scott

https://www.madeinitalymotorcycles.c...inelli-replica

Quote Originally Posted by scott 888 View Post
    Well that's another bit of Ducati history sold to its new caretaker Mark, and it could not have gone to a better one.

Scott

https://www.madeinitalymotorcycles.c...inelli-replica
    Scott-- so you know the new caretaker-- big collector?

That's a beautiful bike! Is that the standard Lucchinelli Replica rear brake set up? The text says it was put back "to original specification", but does that mean as received from the factory or as raced?

Default Lucchinelli Replica

Quote Originally Posted by wgsvintage View Post
    That's a beautiful bike! Is that the standard Lucchinelli Replica rear brake set up? The text says it was put back "to original specification", but does that mean as received from the factory or as raced?
    Good spot Bill top marks and your on the ball as raced I'm afraid, the original rear brake caliper set up was without the torque arm and not in the underside position more or less the same as many standard 851/888 models.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    Scott-- so you know the new caretaker-- big collector?
    Not a collector as such Mark but a very well known and respected motorcycle dealer who I'm sure will parade the Lucchinelli at some future events.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scott 888 View Post
    Not a collector as such Mark but a very well known and respected motorcycle dealer who I'm sure will parade the Lucchinelli at some future events.

Scott
    He now owns a beautiful bike-

The bikes look absolutely lovely Mark....are they just to be museum pieces or are you going to ride them at some point ? I didn't realise there was so much detail differences between the models of early Corse 851/888 's .

Cheers , adie851

+ Reply to Thread