+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyres : anyone running Michelin Power RS ?

Default Tyres : anyone running Michelin Power RS ?

Hi All, I need new tyres, and I am leaning towards these new Michelins, they seem to get great reviews, so just wondering if anyone is running them on their 851/888 ?

The other tyre I am considering is the Pirelli Diable Rosso III.

Any and all advice welcome.

Cheers,
    John

Hi John, tyres are a bummer as personal views are subjective.
    I generally stay with Pirelli as I've known them for many years. I've tried Metzlers and years ago good old Mitchelen hi sports. Bridgestones on monsters work fine. The hi sports were brilliant in there Day, the metzlers got good wear. I rode on pilot powers when people raved about them, and personally didn't like the feel. But tyre tech now is way above anything I'm ever going to ask of a tyre. The reviews are generally on machines way more powerful and sophisticated than our old dungers. So basically whatever you chose will be the right tyre.
    Any tyre, that you can actually feel the road surface size of gibbers through the front end, while peeled over, coming down hill at max breaking, is a good one.

When I finished my bike I stuck on the Pirelli's, now that I need new tyres because they have gone off from sitting around ( 6 months and my licence will be back to full points, I've been a bad little Vegemite on said machine), I will go Pirelli again. Just like comfortable shoes.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Pirelli SuperCorsa SCs are my favorite, but I like the Dunlop Q3s a lot and they are a heck of a bargain--they are frequently on sale over here for just over $200/pair (120/180). Hated Michelins, though I admit I haven't tried them again in the last 5 years.
    '01 996R, '94 888 SPO Ltd, '88 851 Adamo racebike, '91 ZX-7R K1 homologation, '89 NSR250 MC18r5k, '01 Derbi GPR50/75, '71 CB450/500 café.

Pirellis all the way for me. Diablo Rosso Corsa.

Maybe not the sexiest brand out there, but for all conditions real world street riding I've been a long time happy Avon customer. Currently the Storm 3D X-M. I particularly like the way the fronts behave normally when getting worn.

+1 for the Dunlop Q3s!!
    Mind numbing lean angles on the track and quick warm up!

I thought I should finally say thanks to all the responses, and it seems Griff is right, it's a personal and subjective view.

I was happy with previous Michelin Pilots, so I did go ahead and buy the Power RS, and I am happy with them, especially how well they hold the line through a corner.

Happy riding all !!

John

I know you've bought some now but to chime in...

I'm a Metzeler M7RR fan, good on the road in all conditions (tested by two-up touring through Europe), very good on track and they wear well.

Recently had a set of new ContiMotion's and although they work well and are half the price, they are wearing twice as fast. I'd say the Metezelers are worth the extra money.

Dunlop Q3's are great but don't last long. I've heard the Michelin Pilot Power RS's are a good compromise between grip and wear. Gonna try those next.

Anyone try a larger 190/55/17 on the rear? I have a good, half worn Q3 from another bike that I want to use up.
    Last edited by BTD; 08-08-2017 at 09:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread