+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OXFORD Products bike ...

I suppose the only real answer would be to have a single line from the master cylinder, that then runs into a two way hydraulic fuse. Then a line to each caliper. Then if one brake line gets torn off, the other will still work. Problem is it would be a bugger to bleed, and of coarse the extra weight issue you get on a race bike.
    I have Kevlar race lines fitted (only good for 4 years then they need to be replaced, the UV breaks down the Kevlar), and I've been informed by a manufacturer that it doesn't take much to shear the Al fitting that goes on to the caliper. I doubt that the steel ones on a road bike would suffer much if the mudguard came off.

Griff

Hi Griff,
    I think the idea behind splitting the hoses no lower than the bottom yolk is so that the hoses can be routed well clear of the mudguard, in case of a failure.
    I run 2 seperate lines on all of my twin front disc set ups, with Stainless Steel shrouded lines and fittings, I'd NEVER use alloy fittings on a road bikes front brakes, as I feel the area is far too safety critical, I do use the alloy fittings on the clutch and oil lines though.
    AP Lockheed made a front M/cylinder a couple of years ago with 2 seperate cylinder bores/pistons and a fail safe ballancing bar which ment that should one hose fail you'd still have at least 1/2 of the front brakes working.
    I believe these units were made legal on production based race bikes in the States, after a rider had a bad off when his mudguard failed taking out his front brake?
    I saw a picture of this M/cylinder in a 2007 bike magazine at work just this week, we've got piles of old bike mag's on the tables in the mess room at work, 4 of the 6 lads I work with are bikers.

Steve R

I have on my SP4 steel 851 racing hoses, they go from 1 to 2 under the bottom yoke. These aren't allowed for racing anymore. Now the 1-2 split has to be above the bottom yoke.

MCT 749R (WSS Assen 2007)
    Last edited by desmo57; 12-06-2008 at 06:20 AM.
    La guerra continua!

I agree Steve, stainless is the way to go on the road, but what can I say, free lines are free lines. I have a real set to replace them when they time ex. The rear is stainless. The clutch Al/Kevlar.

Griff

Smile Oxford bike still around .

Hi there ,
    I have one of the oxford fairings 888 corsas , bought from Devimead racing before they went down !
    It was Trevor Nations oxford bike acording to them and the Devimead rider was ray Stringer -team mate to hislop for them .
    My bike is the one MCN always used to show jumping the mountain at cadwell ! (stringer aboard) and funnilly enough i stood next to the mcn potographer and took a similar photo , not knowing i'd later buy the bike !
    Also i took some pics at the bike show when oxford were selling them !
    I have drag raced and club raced the bike extensivley and may restore her to Oxford colours at some time .
    The Oxford rep asked me if she was for sale one day - No was the reply .
    Cheers Steve .

Quote Originally Posted by outtacontrolla View Post
    Hi there ,
    I have one of the oxford fairings 888 corsas
    I don't believe you . Prove it

can you share some pictures with us?

Jonathan [JR60] asked me : " Why the interest about Oxford bike ?? "

When my interest for 851/888 bikes was growing up in the 90's, a colleague from UK (Surrey) had a large pic of that bike into one of his paper folders.
    Despite many sollicitations, he always refused to give it to me !!!
    He said that bike was his favorite and knew it very well. ???

... Reason why I wanted to collect infos and pics of the bike !!!

I realize now how it's difficult to find unknown pics of these bikes, especially of this period. Even if I daily scan the web, I'm a bit disappointed with my results.
    So mates, if you've got pics hidden somewhere, even in the deepest cluster of your HDD, don't hesitate to offer them to the world via the site (Let's hope to get the support of our webmaster regarding the website capacity ...), I would be grateful !!!!!!!!!

Phil911

Welcome to the forum Steve (outtacontrolla), good to see you made your way here. I'm sure you will find it very useful!

I can confirm that he has one of the Oxford bikes as I said at the start of the post Nux!

Jonathan

Ok then ,
    Have plenty of nice ones on proper paper but only a few on digi .
    One of her as is in red awaiting restoration and one in use at cadwell
    Sound of thunder bout 5 years ago , alongside Glen on his 851 kit racer (in Blue)
    May scan some if get time , wait i've got a mag i scanned of her in Devimead colours !
    Hope the attachment thing works.
    Steve . Attachment 1702

Attachment 1703

Attachment 1704

Attachment 1705

Damn ,
    put the wrong one up , the wheelie one is me at cadwell over the mountain.
    Will attach the glen n me one now .
    The other is The north glocs S.O.T line up bout ten years ago .
    Least my bikes get used eh ?
    Steve.
    Attachment 1706

Attachment 1707

+ Reply to Thread