+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wondering if anybody might be interested in buying mine

Default Wondering if anybody might be interested in buying mine

Things move on and with lots of changes over the last two years I realise that my loverly 888 Corse is just sitting under wraps in a secure lockup rather unloved.

New house = no room in the living room for my 888!

I am not 100% sure so thought I would as here and see if there is any serious interest. I am in that place where if I bring her from the lockup to my new garage then the love affair will be back on so parting company soon is on the cards.

If she goes I will need to replace her with another bike that I can ride sometimes. Mostly I dream of a Bimota with a 900SS motor but another 888 will also be nice.

There are lots of posts and pics on the forum and I have lots more if somebody is keen.

Thanks Guy851

Smile

Nooooo!
    Theres always room for one more Duke, Guy?
    So much has gone into that bike...

''You never know what you've got til' its gone.....

Man a bad place to be. Dilemmas. What to do, what to do? If it goes you will regret it, that's a given. It will be proportional to how much you enjoyed it.
    If it stays, its no longer the centre of your attention, but it is still there..... And every now and then, you pull the cover off, and just look....... then start it. "Yes!". Too cool! Then put the cover back on. And it's back on to plot and scheme how to fund the next project without the wife catching on. 😄
    I believe that's what most of the rest of us guys do. Some thing twistedly satisfying about the process. 😀 How ever I suspect the wives have a bead on it.🤔
    Have you considered and equivalent from a different time period? Might as well have a theme.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Guy-

I do not remember the particulars of your Corse but why not set it up for the street?

I believe you have a starter motor on it- at least that is what I remember which is the only critical item that would hold you back.

I am in the middle of putting one of my Corse's on the street. I stripped down a factory harness to power the turn signals/brake light/starter motor/headlight- using the Corse harness to power the motor. I installed bar end LED turn signals/mirrors and rear LED turn signals. You have to reverse the + and - at the flasher socket when you replace the stock flasher with a no load LED flasher unit.

With the ECU up front you have no room for any type of head light. I have been looking at the very powerful LED lights that the ADV guys use. I am amazed at how much light the small 2" units throw down the road. Hard part is where to hang them-- under the nose- on the side of the forks down by the fender- not sure yet. Also thinking about trying to find those endurance light pods which a number of the 888's used in the day. Not real pretty but I bet you can stick them on with two sided tape for future removal.

Anyone know of someone making copies of these rare pods?

Just a thought-- this way you get to keep the bike you love- and get some miles on it. Give you time to put aside money for your next project/or bike of your current dreams.

Default Guys 888

Thanks all for your words of wisdom and yes you are all right

It already has a road loom fitted and option therefoe of running on the road, I even have a pair of those super rare light pods with lights to fit so all things are possible.

Its a weird one spending years getting something close to as it should be and then wondering ....what next.

If I get decent money ( I have no idea what the real sell price will be) then I can do something interesting again that is red and has some Ducati in it.

Sport bike riding gets disturbed by two things - a loverly wife that wants to ride pillion and owning a 1200 Multistrada (the older S model with Ohlins)

Oh and then out of the blue an early inheritance of sorts arrives on the doorstep and bingo we have a softtop car to house and look after.

Its all good

Guy851

I have found that when you run out of things to do on a project bike, it's the kiss of death. I'm now rebuilding a very rough shed find '72 Norton Commando Combat. Being older school British, there will always be something needing attention pretty quick. And pretty too.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    Guy-

...Anyone know of someone making copies of these rare pods?
    Franck at Franck Carbone still makes these pods. I have some I'm going to fit to the Corsa 851 for the Bol d'Or Classic and various classic endurance races.
    He speaks English, but if you have any difficulty, just ask. I live in France and know Franck well from when I was preparing engines for some of the carbon frames he built for the French Pro-Twin championship.

http://www.franck-carbone.com/
    Last edited by KiwiCorsa; 09-18-2017 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Error in url

Thanks Kiwi-- ended up putting my street Corse back to track configuration. Wanted to sell it in the street configuration but no bites so put it back all Corse-- except the motor which is a built using an ST4 case. Forgot to say that the swingarm is a modified street- could not find a Corse one for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiCorsa View Post
    Franck at Franck Carbone still makes these pods. I have some I'm going to fit to the Corsa 851 for the Bol d'Or Classic and various classic endurance races.
    He speaks English, but if you have any difficulty, just ask. I live in France and know Franck well from when I was preparing engines for some of the carbon frames he built for the French Pro-Twin championship.

http://www.franck-carbone.com/
    The link fails but would be interested in a pair of pods.

I'd also like your bike Guy but things didn't quite go to plan this year.
    celeresracing.blogspot looking-back-at-2016-classic-tt
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Love those red bar ends Mark!

+ Reply to Thread