+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carbon break pads

Default Carbon break pads

Help needed.

My rear brake pads to my 888 Racing are worn and need replacement.

Does any one know the original manufacturer, part number, availability, etc?
    Attached Images

Default Carbon brake pads

I have a new rear rotor like yours and was just going to use a Ferodo organic pad set with it as it did not come with any pads. Do you know if this will work or presents a viable alternative if there is no source for the carbon ones? I would also like to know how effective the rear has been, since it represents first generation carbon brake technology and I have heard that it is virtually impossible to get them to and maintain enough heat in them to make them practical. I do have a steel alternative rotor as well, so if the news is negative I may go another way. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

After many months, emails and trips to the guys @ Brembo in the GP paddock, I finally have received the carbon brake pads for the 888 Corse rear brake. Brembo has re-engineered them using state of the art current MotoGP technology, hence the change in the shape and contact area size.
    Attached Images

Default Carbon brake pads

Great news, thanks for the update. I am running a 2 piston billet Brembo GP caliper instead of the original single piston unit, so I need the larger pad footprint. I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide the carbon compound number or name designation so that I can see if the same pad compound is available in the larger pad dimension. Who at Brembo did you finally acquire your pads from as well, as any help getting directly to the source would be greatly appreciated. Congratulations on your success and reward for your perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by nix510 View Post
    Great news, thanks for the update. I am running a 2 piston billet Brembo GP caliper instead of the original single piston unit, so I need the larger pad footprint. I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide the carbon compound number or name designation so that I can see if the same pad compound is available in the larger pad dimension. Who at Brembo did you finally acquire your pads from as well, as any help getting directly to the source would be greatly appreciated. Congratulations on your success and reward for your perseverance.
    Yes the current pads are developed for the single piston 2 pin Brembo F04 caliper. I had 10 sets made and will make them available for sale shortly.

These pads are not available via normal Brembo or Galfer channels. The come directly from the racing department for off road use only. I only got access to them via my GP partners in Europe.

If you need pads for a different caliper send me a pm. cheers.

+ Reply to Thread