+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 888 track day bike

Default 888 track day bike

Gents,

Haven't posted on here for a while. A friend of mine and myself have decided to build an 888 track day bike. It started life as an 888 strada ( I think ). I'll post images as we progress the build.
    We're after some carbon corse air tubes and the carbon surround for the tacho ,to mount behind the screen area , if anyone has some parts for sale,we'd be interested .....? Thanks.

adie851[ATTACH]20160409_141324.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images

Default 888 track day bike (2)

We've had the exhaust system customised to fit (courtesy of a good friend of mine who's a coded welder) with the high level silencers. Had it running .....sounds sweet....... Its almost ready for a test run....will update in due course.....

Cheers adie851
    Attached Images

Cool 888 trackday bike (3)

Waiting of carbon air runners........and then to decide which will be the best fit for a carbon air box . Its slowly coming together. Test run will be happening very soon.....can't wait....

Cheers,adie851

I think the bolts in the hoop to swingarm pivot are in the wrong way around, odd as they were right in your first pics.

Remove the radiator fan, you won't need it on track days.

I may have some parts you could use also.
    Last edited by stafford; 09-21-2016 at 03:25 AM.
    celeresracing.blogspot looking-back-at-2016-classic-tt
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Thumbs up

Well spotted Stafford.......thanks for your comments mate.....appreciated....I spoke to you at last years classic TT...glad you were more successful this year...did Richie Llewellyn do your engines again this year ? Incidentally ,we've swapped the bolts around as it was a quick assembly to get the bike together to sort the exhaust system.

cheers,adie851

Quote Originally Posted by adie851 View Post
    Incidentally ,we've swapped the bolts around as it was a quick assembly to get the bike together to sort the exhaust system.

cheers,adie851
    They are a real pain to get in and out with the tyre in place aren't they?

Cool

Absolutely mate.....a nightmare...took two of us to align them properly.....How was the holiday....? Looked cool on your photos ..... ?

Cheers, adie

Thumbs up 888 trackday bike (4 )

First test run completed......not without hiccups.....which was to be expected...at least it didn't rain.....done about 5 miles on it.....just nice and easy....swapped over and let my mate have a go. A mile further and the bike cut out....dead as a dodo......Tools out.......checked fuses.....one blown....ah..ha...replaced fuse....wouldn't turn over......further investigation....check battery voltage.....9.5 volts.... battery not charging....Got bike started.....I rode it about half a mile.....cut out again....battery again.....charged it for a short while....bingo.....started again......got it back to base...checked charging voltage...no output from reg/rec.....new one required....
    Taking the positives...at least it ran...for a little while..... sounds sweet with the new exhaust system on it. Needs riding position adjusting to suit rider..ie bars ,seat, pegs .Engine feels good once its opened up...a little lumpy low down.... needs setting up properly ...after all, its running with open bell mouths....carbon enclosure awaited to assist then we can tune the motor accordingly. That's it for the moment....will update when we next make some progress.

Cheers, adie851
    Last edited by adie851; 09-22-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adie851 View Post
    Absolutely mate.....a nightmare...took two of us to align them properly.....How was the holiday....? Looked cool on your photos ..... ?

Cheers, adie
    Good mate, bloody hot!!

Default Track day bike 5

Maiden voyage completed......needs suspension setting up. Riding postion adjusting and engine running in....

Cheers, adie851
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread