+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finally official - 1991 851 owner

Default Finally official - 1991 851 owner

About nine months after first inquiring about this bike, the pieces finally fell together and I dragged it across the border from Canada to Michigan today.

I'm the third owner, the second owner had it ten years and put about 500 miles on it. It's no museum piece (tank is dented, some nicks and scratches here and there) but it has zero mods, which is what I was looking for. The pipes and even the grips are still original.

New belts arrived before I even got the bike. The tires look almost new but are 8 years old so those will be replaced. The auto-retract sidestand will be defeated, and a few other things looked after before it gets ridden, but the plan is definitely to ride it! I hope to put more miles on it in a weekend than the previous owner did in a decade.
    -Craig
    1991 851 Strada

It looks great , to fins one with no mods (at least here in Portugal) is almoust impossible.

Cheers from Portugal

Well done that man.

I see you have no need to follow the advice I messaged you on the other forum.

You've come to the right place.
    1991 851 SP3SSSP
    1966 250 Monza
    1999 Moster 900 City (not so much City anymore)

Very nice!

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm pretty excited about getting it back in to shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawson SP3 View Post
    I see you have no need to follow the advice I messaged you on the other forum.

You've come to the right place.
    I replied to your PM right before coming over here! (I really should be working but this thing is SO distracting..)

HEY! I just realized I can add a suitable bike to my sig line now! One more reason to put off real work for a minute or three...
    -Craig
    1991 851 Strada

Get your self an old blanket or bed sheet and throw it over your new baby.
    Less distracting that way!
    Thats the only way I get any work done on our other 4 bikes in the garage!
    Otherwise I would just stand there staring for hours!!

Last weekend I stuffed my 350 project in the corner and moved the 851 in front of the bench. Then I found out we were having a new furnace installed this week. So I had to move a lot of things out of the way.

I moved the 851 so it was right up against my bench. I pulled my tool chest in front of it and locked the wheels. I moved everything away that could fall on it. My Monster (2015 1200S) got moved to the other side of the room, up against the wall.

When I got home last night, there was a step stool leaning up against the Monster. WTF? No harm done but come on.

They came back today to finish up the work. I got home tonight and found everything pretty dusty. Ok, I get it. I started finding a bunch of screws on the concrete floor… well.. ok, I suppose they get away from you but how about a little clean up after? So I started cleaning up.

Vacuuming the floor.

Got over near the 851.

Looked at the bike and noticed the dust on it had a smudge running across the tank.

Looked at it closer to find they had dropped something across the tank, which had put a bunch of chips and scratches in the paint, then ran their finger over the top of it… and apparently went on with their work.

I'm a pretty calm guy. I'm known for it around work.

I literally screamed. A BUNCH of times. nasty, foul words aimed at the worthless POS who would drop something on a bike, damage it, AND NOT SAY ANYTHING!!!! Who the F does that!

My wife is calling them. I told her do NOT have them call me. I am furious still and have to settle down before I contact the dipshits. F'ing hacks. You can not trust ANYONE to have any respect for anything.

I just shut off the lights and came upstairs. I am beyond furious with these hacks...
    -Craig
    1991 851 Strada

F**K!

Unbelievable!
    Red is good!

+ Reply to Thread