+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 1990 851

Default My 1990 851

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site and am very impressed by the level of help and advice offered by fellow 851/888 owners. I have a call for help from fellow ducatisti.

I rather foolishly sold my 1990 851 after covering nearly 50,000 in 5 yrs, i felt it was time to let the old girl go before it went bang and i didnt have the finances to spend any money on her. Boy, did i regret that, thats why i have just got myself a rather tired looking 888. But, i am curious if anyone out there knows the whereabouts of my old bike, i would love to know if it has been restored or is still running.

I went to the South of France on her twice, and commuted to work everyday on her, and it didnt miss a beat. I have attached a few pictures of my bike the registration no was H348ATY

firefly

Hi firefly & welcome to the site. The 851 doesn't show the miles. Hows the 888?
    If you're not living life on the edge - you're taking up too much space!

Welcome in, according to the tax records she's unlicensed at the moment.

Is it taxed in the UK

Hi There,

The pics make it look better than it was, it wore its age well............the guy before me rebuilt it nut and bolt, then decided to sell it, and i was the lucky one who snapped it up. It really did run like clockwork during my ownership, i was foolish to sell it. But it was approaching 72,000 miles and i was worried it was going to blow up soon............big mistake. The DOCGB ran a feature on it.

The 888 is ok, needs alot of work, slowly sourcing parts for it, will have someone rebuild it for me when i have some spare cash..............what do you think it will cost to have a full rebuild...........everything resprayed etc to bring it to better than new, and who would you reccommend?

firefly

Hi Stafford,

Thanks for checking, maybe its being restored/used as a track tool or stripped for parts...............that would break my heart. Whatever, i hope its being used or being put to good use...............i certainly got my moneys worth.

Firefly

There are a couple of guys down my way, one sprays one builds both come highly recommended.
    Got any pics of the 888?

Any idea of what they will charge for a full rebuild including engine rebuild as well?

Thanks

H348ATY

Does Anyone Where This Bike Is?

Give Richard at Luigi Moto a call on 01761 453366 he can also put you in touch with Del for any bodywork, seen his work it's very good.

Welcome Ducati friend

+ Reply to Thread