+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SP4 for sale (NE England)

Default SP4 for sale (NE England)

Hi chaps

Anyone looking for an SP4? Mine's now up for sale, and it's one of the best you'll find (..and it won't cost you a five figure sum). For full details, check out my web site ad.

http://888sp.website.orange.co.uk/

Cheers
    Steve

Nice job on the webpage 750four, even though a bike like that will sell itself...especially at that price. Best of luck with the sale!
    If you're not living life on the edge - you're taking up too much space!

Stunning bike there, don't fancy PX'ing a Strada?

Quote Originally Posted by stafford View Post
    Stunning bike there, don't fancy PX'ing a Strada?
    Sorry Stafford, I owned a Strada myself not so very long ago, and only sold it 'cause I preferred the SP. I've moved home since then though, and now I haven't really got the room to keep it.

Small child for sale to fund SP4 purchase, any offers?

Hi Steve,

I must say that bike of yrs is truly stunning. As i wrote in my original post, only when i joined this forum did i become aware of the SP4, and i am totally smitten by this particluar model. Its just perfect, i prefer it to the SP5, which i am told has a stonking motor. 8000.000 is a very tempting price and i'm sure yr bike wont hang around for long.
    If i had the reddies (cash) yr SP4 would be in my garage this weekend, but the C Crunch has put paid to that. Hope you sell it to someone who appreciates it.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by firefly_1965 View Post
    Hi Steve,

I must say that bike of yrs is truly stunning. As i wrote in my original post, only when i joined this forum did i become aware of the SP4, and i am totally smitten by this particluar model. Its just perfect, i prefer it to the SP5, which i am told has a stonking motor. 8000.000 is a very tempting price and i'm sure yr bike wont hang around for long.
    If i had the reddies (cash) yr SP4 would be in my garage this weekend, but the C Crunch has put paid to that. Hope you sell it to someone who appreciates it.

Good luck
    Cheers firefly

I too prefer the SP4 to the '5'. The styling/graphics of the '4' is what set it apart for me. What's more, the '5' was devalued in my eyes when they went to Showa forks instead of the Ohlins. Regardless of what you'll hear about the Showa forks being 'as good as the Ohlins' I can tell you from experience that they're not. My Strada had the Showas fitted, and jumping from one bike to the other and riding along the same stretch of road highlighted their inferiority. (Perhaps they can be made to match the Ohlins - but straight from the factory..? No.) Ohlins, of course, have a reputation for leaking seals - but this can be sorted. Maxton overhauled mine some time ago, and they've not leaked a drop since! (..talking of reputations for failure, would it be fair to mention the SP5's crank bearings..??) lol!

Lots of talk about relative power outputs, but it's all a bit pointless. What do you weigh? Rider weight is by far the greatest factor when you're talking about engine response and how a bike feels to ride. The '5' makes its extra power up near the red line, too, so lest you're prepared to rev the nuts off the engine I'd be surprised if you'd notice the difference between these two bikes. What's more, the close ratio gearboxes fitted to the SPs means any of them will reach close to 70mph in first, so red-lining through the gears isn't something you'll do very often on the road (..not legally, at least!)

Pity you don't have the cash, since you sound like the ideal new owner. (..it's going to be hard enough to part with it, but it would soften the blow a little knowing it's gone to someone who really wants it) Oh well. Time for you to sell a kidney!

Steve

ps. If I win the lottery this weekend the bike's yours. I'll even gift wrap it for you!

I presume the SP4 is sold, but do you know of another, or perhaps the one you sold could be had...for the right price?

S

+ Reply to Thread