+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Large "No 1 Decal" on white background on 888 Main Fairing

Default Large "No 1 Decal" on white background on 888 Main Fairing

I have a vendor that sells them.
    http://www.replacementdecals.com/pro...oducts_id=1024

HOWEVER, they need to make them 1st. I know I know... its all rather odd.

Regardless, they have offered to make me a set for free or near free IF someone can get them exact dimensions, preferably a trace out on a piece of onion skin paper or other. I'm thinking HighRes pictures with exact dimensions for both LEFT and RIGHT should work. To be clear just the number 1 sticker AND the white background sticker details on main fairing are of interest here, not the rest of the items Superbike, 888 etc are not needed. Also not the number 1 on some tail sections this time.

Can someone be a prince or princess and do this? If you have an 888 it shouldn't take more than 15-30 minutes max.

Thanks.

-->FJ

I have a set but am sure that it is not correct. I would really like to purchase a set that was!

I'd be in for a set especially if they are static mount instead of adhesive.

Default Decals

How about MVS in Germany? I bought some 750SS and 888 decals recently and they turned up nicely boxed in three days to UK. Easy to deal with and sensible prices. Try this link and search the site - I think they do the backgound as well.

http://www.mvs-performance.de/888-SP...-1-Fairing-Set

how are they attached? I didn't see it mentioned. Again I'd go for a static cling set, but not real/irreversible adhesive.

Quote Originally Posted by NCR900 View Post
    How about MVS in Germany? I bought some 750SS and 888 decals recently and they turned up nicely boxed in three days to UK. Easy to deal with and sensible prices. Try this link and search the site - I think they do the backgound as well.

http://www.mvs-performance.de/888-SP...-1-Fairing-Set
    Excellent thanks!
    -->FJ

I have found an original SP4 right side fairing that I forgot I had. I can trace it if they are still interested.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    I have found an original SP4 right side fairing that I forgot I had. I can trace it if they are still interested.
    Marvin- easy piece to forget--.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Marvin:
    Could I trouble you with that? Perhaps once you send it my way I can ask vendor to make both standard adhesive decals and if possible a cling version... it is a unique opportunity since I'm helping them and vice versa.

How long do you think a trace-out on onion paper or other tracing media would take you to accomplish? Perhaps after the trace out you can add in dimensions in mm too.. this way they will have everything they need. Presumably they can correlate the left side from the only right side version you have in your possession.. unless another list member can step in.
    I'll promise to do my best to pass on any "deal" to as many of you that may be interested in either version.

-->FJ (Washington, DC, USA)

Quote Originally Posted by SvenSven View Post
    Marvin:
    Could I trouble you with that? Perhaps once you send it my way I can ask vendor to make both standard adhesive decals and if possible a cling version... it is a unique opportunity since I'm helping them and vice versa.

How long do you think a trace-out on onion paper or other tracing media would take you to accomplish? Perhaps after the trace out you can add in dimensions in mm too.. this way they will have everything they need. Presumably they can correlate the left side from the only right side version you have in your possession.. unless another list member can step in.
    I'll promise to do my best to pass on any "deal" to as many of you that may be interested in either version.

-->FJ (Washington, DC, USA)
    I just replied but it never showed up so will do it again!

PM me your mailing addy and I will try and get it in the mail on Monday.

Does this vendor screen print or just layer them like everyone else? Layering makes them too thick to clear coat over nicely. (It won't matter on this project as it's for a race bike and I won't clear anyway)

I can give some dimensions in mm's but the radius of the corners is the important thing and they will need the tracing for that. I don't have time to check the radius on each of the corners and give them that info.

Mine does not have the #1 on it but I can trace that from my incorrect set which is probably pretty close.

+ Reply to Thread