+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Large "No 1 Decal" on white background on 888 Main Fairing

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC Metro Area
    Posts
    51

    Default Large "No 1 Decal" on white background on 888 Main Fairing

    I have a vendor that sells them.
    http://www.replacementdecals.com/pro...oducts_id=1024

    HOWEVER, they need to make them 1st. I know I know... its all rather odd.

    Regardless, they have offered to make me a set for free or near free IF someone can get them exact dimensions, preferably a trace out on a piece of onion skin paper or other. I'm thinking HighRes pictures with exact dimensions for both LEFT and RIGHT should work. To be clear just the number 1 sticker AND the white background sticker details on main fairing are of interest here, not the rest of the items Superbike, 888 etc are not needed. Also not the number 1 on some tail sections this time.

    Can someone be a prince or princess and do this? If you have an 888 it shouldn't take more than 15-30 minutes max.

    Thanks.

    -->FJ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    bakersville, NC
    Posts
    2,750

    Default

    I have a set but am sure that it is not correct. I would really like to purchase a set that was!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    171

    Default

    I'd be in for a set especially if they are static mount instead of adhesive.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    67

    Default Decals

    How about MVS in Germany? I bought some 750SS and 888 decals recently and they turned up nicely boxed in three days to UK. Easy to deal with and sensible prices. Try this link and search the site - I think they do the backgound as well.

    http://www.mvs-performance.de/888-SP...-1-Fairing-Set

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    171

    Default

    how are they attached? I didn't see it mentioned. Again I'd go for a static cling set, but not real/irreversible adhesive.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC Metro Area
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NCR900 View Post
    How about MVS in Germany? I bought some 750SS and 888 decals recently and they turned up nicely boxed in three days to UK. Easy to deal with and sensible prices. Try this link and search the site - I think they do the backgound as well.

    http://www.mvs-performance.de/888-SP...-1-Fairing-Set
    Excellent thanks!
    -->FJ

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    bakersville, NC
    Posts
    2,750

    Default

    I have found an original SP4 right side fairing that I forgot I had. I can trace it if they are still interested.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    I have found an original SP4 right side fairing that I forgot I had. I can trace it if they are still interested.
    Marvin- easy piece to forget--.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC Metro Area
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    I have found an original SP4 right side fairing that I forgot I had. I can trace it if they are still interested.
    Marvin:
    Could I trouble you with that? Perhaps once you send it my way I can ask vendor to make both standard adhesive decals and if possible a cling version... it is a unique opportunity since I'm helping them and vice versa.

    How long do you think a trace-out on onion paper or other tracing media would take you to accomplish? Perhaps after the trace out you can add in dimensions in mm too.. this way they will have everything they need. Presumably they can correlate the left side from the only right side version you have in your possession.. unless another list member can step in.
    I'll promise to do my best to pass on any "deal" to as many of you that may be interested in either version.

    -->FJ (Washington, DC, USA)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    bakersville, NC
    Posts
    2,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SvenSven View Post
    Marvin:
    Could I trouble you with that? Perhaps once you send it my way I can ask vendor to make both standard adhesive decals and if possible a cling version... it is a unique opportunity since I'm helping them and vice versa.

    How long do you think a trace-out on onion paper or other tracing media would take you to accomplish? Perhaps after the trace out you can add in dimensions in mm too.. this way they will have everything they need. Presumably they can correlate the left side from the only right side version you have in your possession.. unless another list member can step in.
    I'll promise to do my best to pass on any "deal" to as many of you that may be interested in either version.

    -->FJ (Washington, DC, USA)
    I just replied but it never showed up so will do it again!

    PM me your mailing addy and I will try and get it in the mail on Monday.

    Does this vendor screen print or just layer them like everyone else? Layering makes them too thick to clear coat over nicely. (It won't matter on this project as it's for a race bike and I won't clear anyway)

    I can give some dimensions in mm's but the radius of the corners is the important thing and they will need the tracing for that. I don't have time to check the radius on each of the corners and give them that info.

    Mine does not have the #1 on it but I can trace that from my incorrect set which is probably pretty close.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-27-2017, 07:05 AM
  2. For Sale - Rare "Ducati Racing 1990" 851 Frame
    By dhumphrys in forum For Sale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2015, 12:52 PM
  3. Ducati 851 888 "Farne" exhaust 45/50
    By ajcorse in forum For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2015, 01:35 AM
  4. ""Destroyed" frame ...
    By Phil911 in forum Wanted
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 02:38 PM
  5. Some questions about a "cheap" 888 SP5
    By dididucdich in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts