+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: profiles/New members joining

Welcome Russ, I dare say that our paths will cross at some point especially if you are going to be building a track bike...enjoy your two newish toys. Are you going to be doing the 'Golden Era Superbike' series next year?

I am only planning on a few classic track days.

I would love to do the series, but funds and skill wouldnt be up to it.

I am tempted to do a round of the F400/250 at Angelsea on the NSR though. Not so expensive when you lob one of those into the kitty litter.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I am only planning on a few classic track days.

I would love to do the series, but funds and skill wouldnt be up to it.

I am tempted to do a round of the F400/250 at Angelsea on the NSR though. Not so expensive when you lob one of those into the kitty litter.
    I definitely do not have the skills to ride a race bike, though I would love to have a go.

With regards to visiting the kitty litter, I hope that the bike I will be involved with does not visit it at all...It could be expensive for both the owner and myself!

Asheville, NC/Muntinlupa City,Philippines

Welcome aboard!
    1993 Ducati 888 SPO
    1996 Ducati 900 SS/SP
    2012 Ducati Hypermotard EVO SP Corse

Default new member

hello, I am a new member on this forum, I own since 1996 a 1990 851 corsa raced that year in the belgian superbike series by Richard Hubin who was at that time the official rider for Mombaerts (the importer). that bike was by my knowledge the very first corsa in Belgium.
    I've seen several pictures off my bike on another topic on this forum (racepics), it's the 851/888 raced in Lucky Explore (not strike) colors in 1990 and not '91 as the comment says.
    in '91 I heard that Patrick Orban ended as BOTT champion on that bike this time in MAXI MOTO sponsorship.
    regards
    Johan

Welcome Johan! Send me a link to the error and I will change it.

Quote Originally Posted by hubinduc View Post
    hello, I am a new member on this forum, I own since 1996 a 1990 851 corsa raced that year in the belgian superbike series by Richard Hubin who was at that time the official rider for Mombaerts (the importer). that bike was by my knowledge the very first corsa in Belgium.
    I've seen several pictures off my bike on another topic on this forum (racepics), it's the 851/888 raced in Lucky Explore (not strike) colors in 1990 and not '91 as the comment says.
    in '91 I heard that Patrick Orban ended as BOTT champion on that bike this time in MAXI MOTO sponsorship.
    regards
    Johan
    Welcome Johan,

Please post some current pictures of your bike.

Terry

Welcome Johan!

I didn't know that bike was still alive! I always thought that most of the Mombaerts bikes dissapeared! I know who owns Jadoul's Supersport 748 and Kempeneer's carbu 916 racing now but I would like to know what happened to their last 888 racing. Maybe you can help? I'm also looking forward in seeing pictures of your bike!

Regards,
    Jan
    La guerra continua!

Default mombaerts bikes

Ignace Parys of Gent bought and raced an ex R. Hubin '93 888 corsa in the world championship sound of thunder in '97 or '98 I think under the banner of MGBmoto converted to an 984 with 926 stuff in it bought as left overs from Mombaerts, that bike is currently owned i think by a guy from Meulebeke, it was brought back to 888 I think, Mario from MGB will certainly tell you more about this, photos will soon follow of my bike.
    regards
    Johan

Default forgotten

oh I forgot to mention that that 984 was equipped with Honda VTR 1000 carbs as by the rules at that time

+ Reply to Thread