+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chromer recommendations?

Default Chromer recommendations?

i need to re chrome some old ducati parts (yes I know it sounds odd but it is way old!). In the past I have used Marque Restore in Coventry and while the finish is pretty good, the timescales are horrendous. Does anyone know of a reliable chrome plater that can restore to show standard but not take months to do it? Would appreciate any recommendations.
    Thanks 👍

I've used Niphos in Crewe which isn't far from you. They re chromed my MHR levers and Triumph Thunderbird parts but the turnaround wasn't very good, seems to be the norm with good chromers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way back when I was building Harley Choppers (way before Jesse James or Orange County Choppers !) I built/set-up a chrome plating shop (in the chicken house). I will never do that again. Waiting for good chrome is the norm. Trust me, chroming is a PITA!!

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Way back when I was building Harley Choppers (way before Jesse James or Orange County Choppers !) I built/set-up a chrome plating shop (in the chicken house). I will never do that again. Waiting for good chrome is the norm. Trust me, chroming is a PITA!!
    photos marvin, photos.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

Default You asked for it Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by brad black View Post
    photos marvin, photos.
    A couple from the late 60's, early 70's
    Attached Images

omg............why does my old TR4 come to mind

Definitely not Carlisle, believe me!

groovalicious m man.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

Default Harley choppers

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    A couple from the late 60's, early 70's
    There was some strange stuff around a few decades ago. I take it you've made a full recovery?

Quote Originally Posted by NCR900 View Post
    There was some strange stuff around a few decades ago. I take it you've made a full recovery?
    I have recovered! But remember back then. In the middle 60's the only Ducati I knew about was the 250 Diana that a buddy bought when we were in high school. otherwise there were Suzuki X6 Hustlers, and Honda CB77 (305 Superhawks) and that's about it unless you wanted a Triumph Bonneville or a BSA Lightning (all oil leakers with Lucas ignition). Later on there were 450 Ducati's, 3 cylinder Kawasaki's etc. but these Harleys were much faster. Also remember that I was just a dumb farmboy living in Iowa where all of the roads are straight and flat. The only "circle burners" were the XR Harleys at county fairs on dirt tracks. At the time these Harleys were fun. I did all of the work, paint, upholstery, chroming and my brother built the engines. They were 86 and 88 cu. in. strokers with light "pork chop" flywheels, HC pistons, Chrystler Hemi valves, Andrews trans. gears, cams, etc. For drag racing (the only game in Iowa) they were pretty quick. It's probably a good thing that I didn't have my 851 back then or I would be dead !

+ Reply to Thread