+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The dodgy old bike racing season begins

And then at the 11th hour, a new front WM2 and an Olandi drum.
    Arr, she be named Lady of the Lake. No referance to a watery tart dispensing simitars.
    Hope it doesnt self destruct in some unsuspecting way. I set the the rev limiter to 10500, so it should be ok.
    Now I wait. Like an expectant father.
    Attached Images
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

That's pretty sweet Griff. Looks nice and simple (meaning minimalistic). Wrenching only or did you give it a go?

Robert

I'm just the spanner, I find no joy in riding it other than for extracting power from it. You have to be a special sort of nutter to want to ride one of these things fast.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Well, I got the lady of the lake back in the shed. Success. 90km of whipping around the track on the test and tune weekend, and not a fault. Oil had no sparkly bits, nor bits of metal sitting in the sump. Just a dark color, that you would expect. Suspension is almost perfect by looking at the tire wear. The rider spent the weekend at the back of the leading pack of 2 strokes chasing a TR 250 thats not normally in our class, and was getting very respectable lap times as he and the bike bonded for the first time. He was doing 42's, the 350's get 40's and the 450 was doing 39's last year. The 450 should do 37's this year and after some gearing changes and bringing it up to race tune, 39's don't seem out of the question.
    All shaping up to be a good season, with a chance at a trophy and maybe a lap record.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

We've hit the big time. My rider and the 350 are in Classic bike. Some feature on racing down under. Haven't seen it yet.
    So who in for Sponsorship to get us over for the classic TT in a couple of years time? We'll show that 85 year old bloke what life is all about. Might even prep a bike up to give Nigel Lacey something to think about:-) OK that's a push.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

+ Reply to Thread