+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windscreens

Default Windscreens

Are there 2 different windscreens for 851's? I bought an allegedly 851 windscreen recently from the Yahoo Japan auction site, brand spanking new old stock, has the elephant on it and everything, but it is different to the one on my '91 851. It doesn't have any mounting holes drilled in it which I thought rather strange. Both back edges where it would fit to the fairing are square with the corner cut off at 45 degrees, whereas my 851 one is curved. Overall the screen is longer and I think slightly wider than my 851 one.

I'll try to get some photos in the next day or so. If it can identified, then it's going to be for sale for what it cost me.
    Last edited by Jafa; 04-21-2014 at 05:22 AM.

The 851 screens changed for the updated '92> 851/888 bodywork and front sub frame.
    They have a different shaped cut out to clear the mirror mounting points, early ones have a semi circle and the later is elongated into a semi lozenge shape.
    Corse screens had no cut out for obvious reasons.
    But what you've described doesn't sound like any one I've seen.

Steve R
    Last edited by Mr.R; 04-16-2014 at 03:50 AM.

yep mine has a later type which has been modified to fit, but still isn't right.. I too am waiting on an OEM 91 screen
    SP3 #089
    1991 VFR 400 NC30
    2013 KTM SMT 990
    2015 Scrambler Urban Enduro

"The bike I would like to have in my personal museum is a Ducati 888, the last one before the 916. This is the best Ducati, the 916 is elegant but the 888 is the best. Massimo Bordi

I don't know about OEM, but I found these to be good quality and used them when I rebuilt the SP4 after an off. https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/n...t_locale=en_GB

Anyone?

No mate I've had all three types of OEM screen here at one time or another, but I've not seen anything like the one in your pic's.
    I swapped my OEM '92 one complete with all the correct (and original) decals and trim for a pair of new rear sets with a fellow forum member in Canada or the States.
    He bought the cheap rear sets from E-bay UK having them sent straight to me and I posted the screen to him, swings and roundabouts helping out each other as fellow enthusiasts.
    The shock for me was the postage cost for the screen...50+...OUCH!
    It's not the weight but the size of the package that costs so much to send via airmail.
    Good luck with your search.
    As you've found out finding good condition original parts, like the screens or exhaust cans is like trying to find a Unicorn.

Steve R
    Last edited by Mr.R; 04-21-2014 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Poor spelling

Quote Originally Posted by JImmySL View Post
    yep mine has a later type which has been modified to fit, but still isn't right.. I too am waiting on an OEM 91 screen
    Is it a major difference between the 851/888 early/late type slot cut out of the screen JImmySL?
    Last edited by 900SL; 10-19-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Default Tricol screen

Hi guys, I do need a Tricol screen, was the odd one you chat about established as tricol, and is it still available?
    Cheers Moz

It turned out it was an original tri-colour screen, confirmed by a member on here, who subsequently bought it, so I sent it to him in Switzerland. He was very happy to get it, and i was happy to see it go to someone who would use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by got2dv8 View Post

Just hurry up and finish tearing her apart so you stop finding broken bits.
    SP3 #132
    1992 900 SS

+ Reply to Thread