+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fastest Lap Calculator

Default Fastest Lap Calculator

Hi,

Me and a friend have spent a lot of our spare time creating a simulator where it is possible to find the best possible race line at any track accessible from Google Earth. Job split has been me doing all the calculations and my friend doing all the ciomputer stuff. (For me a computer is a strange thing when it is not connected to the ECU).

To my knowledge there are no other similar tools for simulation of the effect of different parameters when riding at track. It's for the analythical nerds but if you are one of those I would guess you will like it. There is an article about it on the homepage, unfortunately in Danish, but Google translate makes it readable.

Check: www.fastestlapcalculator.com

Brgds
    Henrik

Good stuff , my stealth starlane does similar but while im riding a circuit giving me my best sector times and thus my potential best achievable lap time.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Good stuff , my stealth starlane does similar but while im riding a circuit giving me my best sector times and thus my potential best achievable lap time.
    GPS trackers are great but they don't know if there is a better line than the one you took. With the program you can test different lines and the computer will go as fast as possible with the bike, your weight, friction etc. as it is physically possible to go.

Hence you can find the best line before you have ridden it, or even been to the track

Brgds
    Henrik

Default Just some bragging

It's been really hard to reach the masses with the simulator and it still is.

But recently the proffessionals have started to use the program. It was used by one of the best Moto2 teams in the preprations for Indianapolis and they did really well today. For me it felt almost as being part of the team

As anyone else they pay 150 EUR but then they want a lot of information from inside the program in their preferred data format. Since we are so proud that they use it we of course help them as much as we can witout asking for any extra.

"Priced for the masses, used by proffessionals" does not make business sense. But we do this as a hobby project to a large extent for the joy of doing it, so I'm fine with it.

Brgds
    Henrik

Default Massive update!!

We have been spending a massive ammount of week ends and late evenings developing the program. The proffessionals are driving the development but not many buys, so economically it's still stupidity. With the latest update you now can simulate 3D with uphgills downhoills Crests etc. You also get a logfile from the calculation with suspension forces etc.

The Picture compares the speed/distance from Technomags GPS with a pure theoretical calculation made on a flat track. The line is just following the GPS, no other data input from real life. It's Amazing how skilled those riders are, no dead moments. If there is a split second to go on the throttle they do, in the right gear! they ride like computers!!

Check also our FB: Fastest Lap Calculator

Brgds
    Henrik
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread