+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AHRMA New Orleans

Yes, that was always the plan. He was on a bike that wasn't really legal for the class, and he didnt want to take points away from the regular competitors.
    Mark Hatten
    www.woundedduc.net

How did Sunday go? I tried looking up on the AHRMA site but couldn't find it.

Mark, I thought that might be the case, but they have him listed as winning on Sunday. You'd think if any bike would be legal, it would be his. What was considered illegal about it?

Marvin, go to roadracing schedule, scroll down to the event, and click on results.

Bill

Is that one of those ETI fuel cells on the #84 bike?

Henk!!!

It looks like one to me Henk, good spot that man! I REALLY want one of those for my bike.
    It also looks to have Corse yokes/triple clamps as well.

Steve R

Quote Originally Posted by wgsvintage View Post
    Mark, I thought that might be the case, but they have him listed as winning on Sunday. You'd think if any bike would be legal, it would be his. What was considered illegal about it?

Marvin, go to roadracing schedule, scroll down to the event, and click on results.

Bill
    You can also get positions, lap times, etc., at www.mylaps.com, which is the AMB site. That gets uploaded from the AHRMA timing and scoring system each night during a race weekend.

Jamie was riding a Dutchman Racing "Yamamonster", which is a mid-90s YZF750 chassis with a Yamaha YZF1000 engine. I believe the original plan was for him to ride an original Vance & Hines OW01 but that apparently fell through. Not sure why he still shows up in the results.

Sunday's race was a bunch of fun, except for the last lap. I led every lap, and went into the last lap with the usual "ride hard, but don't make any dumb mistakes" philosophy. Unfortunately, I had a big moment in Turn One when I got in a little deep, ran a little wide, and dialed in a little too much throttle, resulting in a huge "almost" highside when the bike snapped sideways, shot me out of the seat and over the front of the bike. I hung on, and somehow landed -- mostly -- on the bike when it slewed back the other direction.

That little "moment" allowed both Chris Boy on the 851 and Eric Bozell on a ZX7 to get past me. I'll be honest: at that point I'd definitely lost the "eye of the tiger" and had mentally settled for third place. However, Eric did virtually the same thing three corners later, and I was able to sneak underneath him and finish second.

So right now the series is tied: both Chris and I have two wins and two seconds. The AHRMA series now heads out to California -- neither of us will be making that trek -- so the next event for both he and I will be at Road America June 6 - 8. Chris has already said he'll definitely have more horsepower for that event, which is at one of the longest and fastest tracks in the U.S.
    Mark Hatten
    www.woundedduc.net

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Is that one of those ETI fuel cells on the #84 bike?

Henk!!!
    Yes it is.
    Mark Hatten
    www.woundedduc.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    It looks like one to me Henk, good spot that man! I REALLY want one of those for my bike.
    It also looks to have Corse yokes/triple clamps as well.

Steve R
    The whole front end is off of Chris' Corse bike (which I don't know anything about -- ping him at Moto Corse if you have questions on that). Ohlins forks, Corse clamps, billet calipers, etc.
    Mark Hatten
    www.woundedduc.net

Last time I saw Chris's bike it had a 916 Corse forks and rotors on it.

+ Reply to Thread