+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what's your drink in the shed?

Default what's your drink in the shed?

I don't drink much... Just when I'm in the basement (garage, or shed) working on the bike(s) I like to have a few beers. Not some crappy watered down stuff which is so prominent in the good ol' USA, but something with flavor and style... Sort of like my taste for bikes. My favorites are Peroni, Moretti, Spaten, Grolsch, Negra Modelo just to name a few. Tonight as I am doing some tidying up I picked up a 6 pack of New Castle Brown Ale for the first time and I must say the boys from the UK did a pretty good job with this one. Of course it doesn't help that I'm a lightweight... you could call me Two-Can-Sam. Oh, drinking is for the shed only. I'll never touch it if riding is in the forcast.

Robert

ps. too bad my bike has become a coaster in the winter...
    pss. cabin fever setting in...
    Attached Images

Grolsch, followed by two fingers of single malt .!!
    Nice coaster.
    +1 to cabin fever

Hi Robert,

Don't develope too much of a liking for the Newky Brown, there used to be a ward in the Newacastle Royal Infirmary just for the Brown Ale drinkers.
    The 1st time I tried it I was only 16 it resulted in a banging headache.

Steve R

Hmmm,

My little tipples are Leffe blonde, Hoegaarden, Erdinger beer and Hobgoblin.... Build a bike and then the next day undo it all because I haven't done it right!!

Ranger IPA

Ruddles County

Quote Originally Posted by got2dv8 View Post
    I don't drink much... Just when I'm in the basement (garage, or shed) working on the bike(s) I like to have a few beers. Not some crappy watered down stuff which is so prominent in the good ol' USA, but something with flavor and style... Sort of like my taste for bikes. My favorites are Peroni, Moretti, Spaten, Grolsch, Negra Modelo just to name a few. Tonight as I am doing some tidying up I picked up a 6 pack of New Castle Brown Ale for the first time and I must say the boys from the UK did a pretty good job with this one. Of course it doesn't help that I'm a lightweight... you could call me Two-Can-Sam. Oh, drinking is for the shed only. I'll never touch it if riding is in the forcast.

Robert

ps. too bad my bike has become a coaster in the winter...
    pss. cabin fever setting in...
    Of you really want to give your taste buds a treat try Fulllers London Pride, by far the best ale ever produced, slightly flowery and not too bitter, the Dove in Hammersmith is about half a mile away from the Fullers brewery, they serve what is quite possibly the finest pint of Pride anywhere in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by firefly_1965 View Post
    Of you really want to give your taste buds a treat try Fulllers London Pride, by far the best ale ever produced, slightly flowery and not too bitter, the Dove in Hammersmith is about half a mile away from the Fullers brewery, they serve what is quite possibly the finest pint of Pride anywhere in the country.
    Inda,
    I have to disagree Fullers ESB or Fullers Golden pride are both waaaaaaaaaay better than plain old weak as maidens water London Pride.
    My local for almost 20 years until I left London was a Fullers Pub, it was the farthest to the east Fullers pub in London.

Steve R

Newly brown!
    Bottle o Dog!
    Doombar
    Regards Steve
    [url]www.bbbfabrications.com

Default What shed?

As most of you know I much prefer having my bike/s in the house

And later retire for a nice pint of draft in the bath

Garage = cold and damp
    House = warm and dry
    Beer in bath = pure luxury