+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 851 SBK 90 Raymond Rpche

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    Hi Mark,

Is that one of Marvin's brackets, or the one that he copied?

Steve R
    Steve-

The one he copied was the one that was originally on this bike--- but what he did not know was that the Tach hole had been increased to fit a later larger diameter 916 electric tach that the bike used in later races. The one you see is an original bracket with the hole correct for the early mechanical tach.

Phil-- you are the magic man - great pictures

Jan- are you going to reproduce the front sub frame - and the correct carbon front bodywork?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    Phil-- you are the magic man - great pictures

Jan- are you going to reproduce the front sub frame - and the correct carbon front bodywork?
    Hi MarkT,

Yes I going reproduce the front subframe - but I need more detail picture like from Phil.

And carbon bodywork as well - for this I need to know the diameter pipe intake on front bodywork.

Excuse my English

Default unknown book, catalog, magazine

hello everyone,

I still find pictures 851 SBK 1990. I downloaded two yers ago pictures from (for me) unknown book, catalog, magazine with good picture.

does anyone know of what publications are?

thank very much
    Attached Images

Default Magazine

Hi

Looks like Cycle World an American magazine very in depth not like what we get hear in the UK.

Maybe our American members can pin it down.

Some pics of an early factory bike taken at the Milan show 2011.

Scott

Very recently, at the Paris Show, a couple a Legends were present on the same stage ...
    I'm unable to say : "My favorite is ...", but together, him and "her" made my day !!!

Phil911
    Attached Images

Nice one Phil looking at those made me feel old, Raymond still looks a hard/tough as ever though!

Back in the day my Parisian friends took some nice B+W pic's of that bike at the Paris show and sent them to me, however I no longer have them as I in turn gave them to a friend in the DOCGB who owns a RRR.

Interesting to note the blind allies the factory went up during the development of the 851/888/926's.
    Like the letterbox fuel tank, under braced swinging arm and the floating rear brake caliper, all of which disappeared on later Corse bikes.

Steve R

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post

Interesting to note the blind allies the factory went up during the development of the 851/888/926's.
    Like the letterbox fuel tank, under braced swinging arm and the floating rear brake caliper, all of which disappeared on later Corse bikes.

Steve R
    'Blind allies' (sic), well excuse me, I think that you will find that Ducati may have been trialling new ideas on the track. You have to remember that during this period of time Ducati' finances were not in the strongest of positions, there certainly would not have been a room full of computers in the R&D dept. for computer analyse data.

The letterbox on the tank was a a valid attempt to get more air in with the given knowledge that they had at the time, it was only with the development of the 916 that they began to fully comprehend that there may have been an advantage with a sealed airbox system.

If you look carefully at the swingarm that is fitted to the early bike, which Scott has posted an image up of, you will see that the main body is plain sided which could indicate a lesser quality alloy and perhaps the need for additional bracing. Furthermore as mentioned earlier, the lack of Computer analysis data may have been a risk too far for them to omit the bracing... after all Colin Chapman's race cars would often not finish due to breakages as he was trying to make things as light as possible and adding weight and strength as required...a dangerous approach on two wheels!
    Last edited by Mr Bumble; 12-21-2013 at 10:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread