+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5th TT/F1 symposium and Jimmy Adamo celebration

Default 5th TT/F1 symposium and Jimmy Adamo celebration

Fans of Jimmy Adamo and/or TT's and F1's may want to visit the TT/F1 forum which held a gathering this last weekend at Loudon, NH. Photos are starting to get posted here http://www.ducatittandf1.com/viewtop...10308&start=50 There were a half dozen ex-Adamo race bikes on display including his first 851 (mine), which is only a roller chassis at this point. Reno Leoni and Carlo Leoncini http://www.motofficinaleoncini.it came from Italy, Pat Slinn came from the U.K., and Jimmy's two daughters were also very special guests. A great time was had by all.
    Bill

Now that looks like a good place to be! interesting read through post's
    Cheers
    RWG

Hi Bill,
    Thanks for posting the link to the meeting, I really enjoyed looking at the pic's, especially the old 900 Bevels as they really my bag, although I also love the 600 TT F2's.
    I was actually rebuilding a pair of Desmoquatro heads for a forum member, but once I clicked your link it was game over for the morning on bike work. (Sorry Steve B)
    I met Pat Slynn at the '79 TT and again a few years back (at the 2008 DOCGB TT Gathering) and have to say what a nice chap he is and soooo knowledgeable about Ducati's.

Steve R

I'm in the same boat Steve. I haven't accomplished a single thing since unloading everything. What day is it today?
    Bill

Has the red and white bevel got a late rear wheel turned to suit the chain drive being on the opposite side?
    celeresracing.blogspot looking-back-at-2016-classic-tt
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Yes. That's a 17" three spoke Marvic rear.
    Bill

A post on the bevelheads list mentioned that tomorrow, March 7th, will mark the 25th year since the horrible crash at Daytona that took Jimmy Adamo's life. It doesn't seem like that it's been that long.

Is that you and your race face bill? Needs more steely eyed killer in it. Any one got the Giancarlo Fallapa helmet pic?
    Glad to see others are realising the power of the scooter.
    Thanks for posting that link, nice bikes hey. Made me do a little more on mine. Which is odd as the northern hemisphere boys seemed to stop tinkering. Must be a autum/ spring thing.
    Last edited by griff851; 03-07-2018 at 04:34 AM.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

The Northern hemisphere boys haven't stopped tinkering Griff...
    I've just put the final touches to a Bevel race motor, whilst still tinkering with my own Bevel.
    I've a German ignition system, wide Verlicchi swingingarm and a 950+cc big bore kit to fit.
    The pistons are 90.5mm, originally intended for a 450 but I've modified them for my twin.
    I've also a '73 750S to convert to twin discs and fit with a ST2 alternator/charging system.

and...just about to start (finally) the build of my 955cc motor for my '92 851.

Steve R
    Last edited by Mr.R; 03-07-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Well the universe is a strange place. You have 73 sport in the shed, as do I. You have bevel racer under construction as do I. Just fitting the Ti caliper and shock bolts. A big thank you to Marvin there. All part of the stop the Chinese’s taking over the world campaign.
    I wouldn’t be putting twin discs on a 73 sport. At $65,000, live with crap brakes. I assume it will be reversible.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

+ Reply to Thread