+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: 1992 Ducati 888 Track or Spare Parts Bike

Quote Originally Posted by tom.i View Post
    Still, there are some parts that are just too ropey to keep...
    I would really like to find:
    a replacement original corsa radiator
    a pair of carbon exhaust hanger straps (the rear ones)
    a lower radiator to water pump hose
    a left hand carbon corsa fairing panel (with the honeycomb re-inforcement on the inside)
    an original carbon underseat breather box
    Hi Tom

Congratulations on your purchase, I was prepared to have a bid myself but it quickly got too expensive for me. i was 50/50 whether the bike was genuine or not, so I didn't want to go higher than I knew I could get in parts if it turned out to be a blinged-up Strada (like mine!).

Looks like your gamble paid off!

Reference the parts you're looking for, your bike wouldn't have had the underseat breather tank, the breather tank up to '92 was built-in to the back of the airbox. You should have a hose running to it from the crankcase breather.

Good luck with the restoration!
    Darren
    Last edited by dhumphrys; 09-09-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhumphrys View Post
    Reference the parts you're looking for, your bike wouldn't have had the underseat breather tank, the breather tank up to '92 was built-in to the back of the airbox. You should have a hose running to it from the crankcase breather.

Good luck with the restoration!
    Darren
    Hi Darren,
    you're absolutely right - but I was thinking to hedge my bets with the breather box as the current pipework coming off the crankcase breather valve points backwards towards the subframe, suggesting that a rear breather box was fitted at some point. If I manage to find out the history of the bike and it turns out that it was updated with a rear breather then I should start putting out feelers now as these parts are not easy to find...

Quote Originally Posted by tom.i View Post
    Hi Darren,
    you're absolutely right - but I was thinking to hedge my bets with the breather box as the current pipework coming off the crankcase breather valve points backwards towards the subframe, suggesting that a rear breather box was fitted at some point. If I manage to find out the history of the bike and it turns out that it was updated with a rear breather then I should start putting out feelers now as these parts are not easy to find...
    Tom-

The '93/'94 big breather box will not fit due to how your rear subframe is constructed. You may be able to take the earlier ('93 Customer Racing) small rear half hump style breather box because it is only about 2" high. I would also suspect that the team could have "home built" one and was tossed at some point by a past owner since it was not a factory box.

I have included one picture out of the '93 parts book and one picture of one I cut up to use on my '90 street bike. Yes the computer is rotated 90.

The three piece air/breather box comes up for sale from time to time-- but - it is the hose that comes up from the standard small diameter case reed valve, along the frame to the air box that is hard to find.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MarkT; 09-09-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Lucky old me, I've got a genuine original 3 piece air box, "X" shaped runners and one of those hoses stashed for my 955cc motor.

Peter/sp2boy on here makes at least 2 different breather boxes, the one in the diagram mark T's posted and the later "Big box".

Steve R

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    I've got a genuine original 3 piece air box, "X" shaped runners and one of those hoses stashed....
    Steve R
    Steve,

Very kind of you to make these arts available to Tom here,

Happy Birthday jan.

Terry

+ Reply to Thread