+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 888 Racebike Project - Race Results and Video

Scottie - I don't believe anything has been officially announced yet, but it's going to happen. Steve Aspland and Mike Weber are arranging things. Stay tuned.

MarkT - Yes, very nice! The paint scheme of his that sticks in my head is that off green one. One time I was corner working a CCS race at Loudon (NHIS) just on the outside of turn 7 back when there were trees up there, and Jimmy was running his 888 for practice or set up. It was wearing that green, and was very impressive from that perspective. His bikes were also that green at the Mosport WSBK. It always puzzled me because it sort of had overtones of Kawasaki in it.

And here's my portion of that crashed bodywork. Definitely post Leoni with those FBF stickers.
    Bill
    Attached Images

Thinking seriously about getting to an AHMRA round this year if the travel schedule permits. The round I'm thinking of is June 7-8 at Elkhart Lake. I'm going to assume (maybe a bad choice) that my WMRRA license will qualify me to race AHMRA.
    Who's the Next Gen SBK rep for them, if anyone knows? I have a few questions or maybe you guys that have been racing the class last year can help out. Still just a 'dream' but seems like it would be a blast.
    John
    John

Hi John:

Definitely come to Road America if you can make it. There's really no other track like it in the U.S. But also, don't forget that AHRMA is also racing at Sonoma (Sears Point) in early May, and that would be a *lot* closer to you (and also a really great track).

A valid WMRRA license will qualify you for an AHRMA license. The AHRMA rulebook is online at www.ahrma.org. The 2013 rulebook is on there now, and the 2014 version should be up within a week or so.

If you have any other questions, let me know.
    Mark Hatten
    www.woundedduc.net

Hi Guys ,
    My 888 corsa was in the Daytona 200 race in 93 that Adamo died in . had heard his name in the ducati world but did'nt realise he had died till i watched the video of the race recently when researching my bikes history .... very sad loss of a great ducati rider .
    (my bike Steve Hislop / oxford products 888)
    Steve .
    Get yer twins out !

Yes it was.

Just watched Marks' Road America video again. That is quite the race track - especially if you're mostly used to Loudon.

+ Reply to Thread