+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB: 851/888 carbon rear hugger/fender and carbon front guard/fender

Default WTB: 851/888 carbon rear hugger/fender and carbon front guard/fender

After a couple of recent issues with tall 60 profile race tyres (love those Pirelli's!) rubbing the rear hugger on 2 different biokes I was originally hoping to find a shorter rear hugger for my race project '90 851 Strada. Due to the all enveloping nature of the huge OEM or carbon OEM copy's I had my reservations so ordered what was described as a short rear hugger.....but which turns out to be the lower half that sits under the swingarm: bugger! Not worth returning from where I live (New Zealand) so will live with and possibly use it.

In the mean time I still need the main/upper hugger to protect my currently knackered but soon to be refurbished rear ohlins shock. Anyone have a spare they'd like to move on?

I'm also going to be replacing the scary-just-pushing-it-around-the-shed M1R's with period Showa's so will also be after a carbon guard to suit them too.

Being a race project I'm more about go rather than show so aesthetically perfect is not crucial if the price is right.

Then there's the race engine, rearsets, rear alloy subframe, mag wheels, and pretty much every other race part you can think of......but these'll do for the moment.

OOPS! My apologies, this should have been posted in the section cunningly camouflaged with the term "Wanted to Buy".

I'm not very smart but I can lift heavy fings........

I had the same issue with a couple of my bims. My non mechanic solution was to put spacers between then hugger and swing arm with longer bolts in. Once on no one ever noticed the gap around and it made it easier to keep the swing arm clean.
    Ducati's 851, 888, Bimota's Db2, Db5, Honda blades 93 /96, Triumph speed triple, Zxr 750K1, Zx7rr

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey View Post
    I had the same issue with a couple of my bims. My non mechanic solution was to put spacers between then hugger and swing arm with longer bolts in. Once on no one ever noticed the gap around and it made it easier to keep the swing arm clean.
    Yep, I did exactly the same on my 749R, actually looks quite good with the chain guard at a slight jaunty angle. Didn't work so well on a TL1000R (wash your mouth out!) though hence I was trying to avoid the issue if I could.

When I fitted a new ohlins shock I didi the same thing (bought a lower hugger thinking it was the upper hugger) so you're not alone there!!

Ended up getting a carbon hugger from fleabay to suit M900 and got the grinder out to shorten it up to my liking.
    Cheers

I'm actually after a lower rear hugger in carbon. Where can I get one? Thanks.

I use to have them made by a friend.
    If you don't find one i can ask if he still has the mould for it.
    That is for the bottom one.

Henk!!!

+ Reply to Thread