+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bimota Db2 Rebuild

Default Bimota Db2 Rebuild

I thought it would be interesting for some of you guys into 900ss carb bikes to have a look at my db2 rebuild thread. Still a way to go but it is getting there.

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtop...er=asc&start=0
    Ducati's 851, 888, Bimota's Db2, Db5, Honda blades 93 /96, Triumph speed triple, Zxr 750K1, Zx7rr

Wow.. looks sensational Pomps cant wait to see the finished article...good on yer mate

Cheers Pat, you can come up to the workshop any time, tea and biscuits always available!
    Ducati's 851, 888, Bimota's Db2, Db5, Honda blades 93 /96, Triumph speed triple, Zxr 750K1, Zx7rr

I like a lot

Very nice final result. I like the paint scheme/colors. Man sometimes I wish I was in the UK. I'm missing out on all the tea and biscuits and cake and pints!

Robert

Ah yes, but we miss the sun, coffee bean, malls, twisty canyon rides, baja fresh, muscle cars, etc etc!

I had to google jason king. ended up at mrs peel in a dog collar. cool!

while I don't really like the paint scheme (the angled tank stripes not flowing from the side fairing, slightly pastelly colours?) that's irrelevant because it's yours and not mine and I don't have to like it. as a general concept its really cool, it's different and as a bike no one will know it will attract attention from those who will appreciate it and those who won't will still walk right past.

but it will stand out due to the style and colours and good on you for coming up with a design coz i'm not that creative and totally indecisive so it's completely beyond me and makes me jealous.

compared to the black original it's much better. I like the decals, especially as they're just std style (apart from the TT I assume). the 900ss decals on your original panels annoy me. like people who put 996 decals on their st4s so others know they have the one with the big motor. well, I just realised looking at it again that the black panels are 916 front and sides.

the only thing I don't like about the tt style fairings is the screen. it's very much a big 70's screen. I like the f1 with the very shallow style screen, which i'll fit to the f1 fairing going on my 400ss. like a 70's 900ss front fairing fitted to sport classics or monsters, etc, they just look very front heavy to me. maybe it's a dimension thing, with the 70's bikes being long so tall wasn't an issue, but with the later bikes it just seems odd.

anyway, is cool. well done.

I assume it's getting a daytime mot with no lights? we don't have them. if there's no tail light, why not run the exhaust out the centre of the tail piece.

btw, this one's wacky: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YbYu0YNDvz...ock_joris1.jpg
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

Cheers Brad, great food for thought... I thought about standard bold colours but went for something more like the old Gulf scheme. Its a way of dating the original tt fairing like the style of numbers and writing. Its a rough paint job by myself which now the bike has past its sea trials I will modify and have a pro job done. I thought about the exhaust coming out of the tail and Steve (duc904red)from this forum was going to do it for me until I saw the stubby and went for that instead. I may take your advise and go the whole hog . Yes it is on a daylight MOT, crazy law but we love it here... we do get some things right.
    I put the tt1 on there to give people a chance to know what the fairings are from. Going to tune the engine next and once the final exhaust choice is made get the carbs set up. Although she runs fairly well as is it will be worth going the extra mile.

can you get an led taillight in a ring? put that on the back with the exh exiting thru the middle. probably a bit too 50's or early 60's I guess. bit like the early aprilia rsv tail light and cover, real old school sci fi look.
    Brad The Bike Boy

www.bikeboy.org

I could do that but the law here is that if you have 1 light you must have all of them! With a daylight MOT only no lights at all are permitted. The only thing you must have is a horn! Other then that a full blown race bike can be put on the road as long as it has a log book (V5) , a reg number, road tax and insurance.

+ Reply to Thread