+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 851SP3 on Car & Classic UK

She finally arrived and with a bit of a cleanup looks stunning. Michelin swing arm decals, clear screen and plastic coated braided brake lines are on order. I thought that one of the first thing I would do was get the nose painted back to standard but I think its growing on me. I have the OEM under tray and will re-install at some stage.

I'm still looking for a left hand side OEM fairing, right hand side OEM muffler and Ohlins fork leg decal, if anyone has these for sale please let me know.

Regards

Paul
    Attached Images

Beautiful! I would repaint the nose. Just looks better either all red or all white IMHO.

Paul-

Fantastic looking SP3. They are beautiful bike aren't they!

It's pictures of beautiful SP's like yours that get me pumped up about finishing the restoration of my SP2 which I have owned it since '96 .

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Beautiful! I would repaint the nose. Just looks better either all red or all white IMHO.
    Thanks Jasper, everyone that has seen it in the flesh says don't paint it. I'm still undecided.

Here's another pic showing the white nose.
    Attached Images

Very nice looking bike, well done.

There is a guy on Ebay who has the Ohlins fork stickers periodically. The problem ( if your "anal" like me ) is that they are normal standard stickers, not extra thick like the original ones. I don't know how many people would notice, or even now, but there you go. Next time I see the guy advertise them I'll PM you.

I"m still looking for the parts for you, and I may possibly be able to help you with an original screen, depending on how things pan out.

Why does your frame not have the small plate for the helmet lock on the right hand side tube just under the tank at the front? Not all of them have the lock, but every one I've seen has the plate welded to the frame.

I like the white number board on the nose, but I'm not worried about total originality so I've painted one on my '92 bike twice.
    My sop to my anal side was getting it and the borders as close to the period Corse nose as I can though.

Steve R

Quote Originally Posted by Jafa View Post
    Very nice looking bike, well done.

There is a guy on Ebay who has the Ohlins fork stickers periodically. The problem ( if your "anal" like me ) is that they are normal standard stickers, not extra thick like the original ones. I don't know how many people would notice, or even now, but there you go. Next time I see the guy advertise them I'll PM you.

I"m still looking for the parts for you, and I may possibly be able to help you with an original screen, depending on how things pan out.

Why does your frame not have the small plate for the helmet lock on the right hand side tube just under the tank at the front? Not all of them have the lock, but every one I've seen has the plate welded to the frame.
    Thanks Jafa, I already bought a couple of Ohlins decals but I'm not happy with the blue colour being a bit light, they are thicker than usual but not as thick as the originals. I will try Motographix to see what they have. Would love the chance to buy the original screen. No idea why I don't have the helmet lock plate, maybe some frames didn't have them or its been removed.

I reckon someone's removed it, has it got any other brackets missing?
    I like to get my bikes as light as possible, there's a few brackets that aren't really needed but the helmet lock one would probably be the 1st to hit the rubbish bin.

Steve R

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    I reckon someone's removed it, has it got any other brackets missing?
    I like to get my bikes as light as possible, there's a few brackets that aren't really needed but the helmet lock one would probably be the 1st to hit the rubbish bin.

Steve R
    Quite possible, the frame paint is in good nick so its probably been removed when it was painted. I had to buy another battery so went with a lithium battery at 1.1kg for a 4.1kg weight saving. Apparently more cranking power and is meant to last more than 10 years. We will see.

http://www.ssbpowersport.com.au/Prod...9/Default.aspx

+ Reply to Thread