+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone try these ride height adj

Default anyone try these ride height adj

They appear to increase the height quite a bit just bolting them on. I have emailed the seller to see just how long the body is as well as the thread size (since I have an earlier hoop and don't know if they will fit.. I have to measure my threads). I would like to be able to adjust the height without removing the hoop each time or maybe the size of these adjusters would be plenty without further adj.

Robert
    Attached Images

Hi Robert,
    Lot's of people like them but I'm not a fan I've had 2 sets and sold them on. For me they were a step too far, made my '92 851/916 feel too "Tippy" for my liking.
    I've now got an early/SP type adjustable rockerarm that allows finer tuning.
    You'd still have to unbolt the lower end of the rocker bow to make any adjustment if you fit them.

Steve R

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by got2dv8 View Post
    They appear to increase the height quite a bit just bolting them on. I have emailed the seller to see just how long the body is as well as the thread size (since I have an earlier hoop and don't know if they will fit.. I have to measure my threads). I would like to be able to adjust the height without removing the hoop each time or maybe the size of these adjusters would be plenty without further adj.

Robert
    Hi Robert,

I tried these on my '94 strada, and found they introduced a slow mode weave if I wasn't on the gas in a straight line, and off the gas it was very front endy. I tried various front/ rear suspension settings and tyre pressure changes, and finally removed them when I couldn't find a combo of stability and agility when turning-in that I was happy with. I've now got a ride height adjustable rear shock (Maxton), and have found it a better route to achieving the balance I wanted.

Don't let me put you off though - you might find a setting that works for you .

Phil

I have a pair on my SP3, and they have sharpened the steering up nicely. No weaving yet, but the tyres are still new. I had to add 1 1/2" to the sidestand to get it sitting at the correct angle.

Mike

I have these on my SP5. Found it it speeded up the steering But as said, became "tippy", when I put the Mag Corse yokes on, it became FANTASTIC! Not sure that is a cheap option though!

Oh, and no weaving in either trim.
    Last edited by Jasper; 02-01-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I have these on my SP5. Found it it speeded up the steering But as said, became "tippy", when I put the Mag Corse yokes on, it became FANTASTIC! Not sure that is a cheap option though! L
    I think Jasper's hit the nail on the head here, the ride height adjusters were originally intended for the 900 Monsters, that had less weight over the front wheel and possible different offset yokes/triples.

Steve R

There in lies another question pertaining to an earlier post that Steve made... How does the setting of the adjustable rocker arm affect handling? I just returned my adj rocker to the stock position (3 o'clock as viewed from the left side). For some reason beyond me I had installed it at 10 o'clock. Maybe I compared it to the non adj Strada rocker...who knows. I will have to wait until Spring to notice any difference.

Robert

I can confirm the monster yokes have a different offset
    Steve B

Where can I get a set from?

Try this place it's where I got mine from:-

http://louigimoto.com/

Steve R

+ Reply to Thread