+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Injectors getting no power

Default Injectors getting no power

Hi to all can any good fellow please tell why i do not have any power going into my fuel injectors. Just but all new guts in my tank dont now if it right or not but it pumping fuel to the bodies and back to the tank. Also there is a good spark. Spark no petrol no go. I have only has the bike for six weeks and it has never been runing except when i pored fuel into the manifold then it ran for a few seconds. Help please. Cheers k.c

A signal comes from the flywheel via the sensors to the ecu. The ecu sends a signal to the fuel modules which then go to the injectors. Check the plugs on the ecu and the fuel modules. Is the fuel pump running? If the plugs are good pull the bottom cover of the ecu and check the chip is in correctly. The bad news is all the plugs are good and it's not just a matter of dirty injectors being stuck, then your ecu may have crapped out. Do you know somebody with an ecu you can swap over just to see if it's the ecu.

Your friend
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Default Still no power friend

The fuel pump is running I have just put a new one in the tank. What and where are the fuel modules.
    Its a 1991 soon to be a 1992, 851 strada with a alloy tank, that I cant find any info on how the pluming go,s
    Cheers K.C

Hi KC,

Check out this thread the modules/relays are either side of the heat sink, just forward of where the rear light would mount in the 5th post down pic' #1.

http://www.ducati851and888.com/showt...subframe/page2

When you turn on the ignition/bike via the key you should be able to hear them both "Click",
    both relays are the same so you can swap them around to see if the problem moves, the relays are also fused (they're plugged into the top of the relays) so make sure the fuses are in good condition/not blown.
    While you're at it check out all of the fuses in the fuse box, make sure all of the connections are clean and check the kill switch connections as this can stop the sparks.

Also when you turn the bike on you should be able to hear the fuel pump priming/pressurising the system.

Steve R
    Last edited by Mr.R; 12-05-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: More info...

Default No power to injectors

Thanks for that I know where all the relays are I have just never herd them been called modules before.
    If you read my thread I have already said pump OK, Spark plugs spark, both relays ok and fuses. Just getting no power to injectors K.C

The power modules are not the relays. They are attached to a heat sink( that cast alloy thing with fins).
    Anyway the pump runs this is good. So it's down to the ecu and the power modules. Unplug them and then plug them in again to make sure. Next before it gets costly it's the old look for the damaged or broken wire, so check the outside of the looms. The area near the suspension rocker is a good one if somebody put the bolt in the wrong way. Then is continuity checks I'm afraid. Then if that's all good, it's time to find an ecu to slave in to see if it's crapped out. I wouln't say it was the power modules as it would be strange for both of them to crap out at the same time. The othe thing is to check out where you have been playing before. Often it was alright before you played, then it maybe a fair bet it's something you moved or accidentally unplugged or broke. Happens a lot, so don't frett.

PS. Be quick, it's nearly the end of the world. No riding or playing after 21dec12, or 21122012, which equals 2 if you keep adding up the numbers. And as we know 2 is the number of cylinders on an 888, and the bikes are red like lava sort of( and mine caught fire 2 years ago ), and when you signal somebody to get f####d you use 2 fingers, so it must be true!
    Last edited by griff851; 12-06-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Smile injectors

thanks for all the help boys and girls and my new friend, before I go any further I am going to send my injectors somewhere to be checked and cleaned, No one seems to offer that service here in Japan so I don't mind sticking them in the post and sending them of to the States or the UK, so where shall I send them? K.C

Default Ecu

There are 3 ECU,s for 851/888 available on Yahoo auction Japan at a reasonable price so at the end of the day which is not long according to Griff I will buy one if all els fails. K.C

They were fitted to guzzi's, fiats all sorts. Do not pay too much for one if you can avoid it. If know some one like a hi-fi technition with an oscilloscope and a bit of nouse, he might be able to fix the problem for sod all! Going for an injector clean is a good idea in any event.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

Wink injectors

Hi all, turned out it was dirty injectors, sent them off got them cleaned and overhauled, good service sent them on Friday and got them back today Tuesday, also fitted them to day pushed the button and away she went. K.C is a happy camper. Now I know the engine is OK I am going to totally strip the bike down and re-pait all. I will post photos of my progress so please look at this space from time to time. K.C

+ Reply to Thread