+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brand new 888 Racing from J.H !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
    That FG9031 didn't come with TiN coated inner tubes. As I beleive the FG9340 was the first with this feature..
    You are correct. On a bike that is this rare, you would think that JHP would restore it to original specifications. It also has the incorrect fasteners that secure the bodywork and tailsection to the frame. The mufflers have the wrong hanger straps, and are missing the tabs and carbon fiber straps on the outlet tips. It is too bad, as you would think that JHP would have the resources and parts to make the bike 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy 888 View Post
    You are correct. On a bike that is this rare, you would think that JHP would restore it to original specifications. It also has the incorrect fasteners that secure the bodywork and tailsection to the frame. The mufflers have the wrong hanger straps, and are missing the tabs and carbon fiber straps on the outlet tips. It is too bad, as you would think that JHP would have the resources and parts to make the bike 100%.
    It's John Hackett's own ex race bike, I think he's pretty much put it back to how it was when he last raced it, he's perfectly capable of building a museum piece as he's done this for customers.

Steve R
    Last edited by Mr.R; 12-09-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
    That FG9031 didn't come with TiN coated inner tubes. As I beleive the FG9340 was the first with this feature..
    Quote Originally Posted by 900SL View Post
    Care factor???
    This is a fantastic bike with a few personal mod's...stickers and all?....and when you have a shop like JHP in Coventry ...why wouldnt you use the resources available to you...?

Look's like Mallory Park...?

The stanchions may not have originally been TiN coated at the time but I wouldn't worry about it too much. When I was working with Kenny Brack at Team Rahal ('00 or '01), I spoke with the Ohlins factory techs that worked with us about my SP3's dribbling fork. Some weeks later, I got a package at work. Couple new sets of seals and 'the last' new pair of tubes in existence. TiN coated.
    1991 851 SP3SSSP
    1966 250 Monza
    1999 Moster 900 City (not so much City anymore)

I don't worry about it and I didn't want to say a single bad word about the bike. It's just interesting to see that modification on the bike..

Quote Originally Posted by Lawson SP3 View Post
    The stanchions may not have originally been TiN coated at the time but I wouldn't worry about it too much. When I was working with Kenny Brack at Team Rahal ('00 or '01), I spoke with the Ohlins factory techs that worked with us about my SP3's dribbling fork. Some weeks later, I got a package at work. Couple new sets of seals and 'the last' new pair of tubes in existence. TiN coated.

I know John still has some final bits to do on this bike and the exhaust hangers is one of them.
    Doug

John's 888 Corse is beautiful - he was on it at the Festival of 1000 bikes at Mallory this year and he can ride too! As has been said he raced it properly back in the day and it's been put back to how he wants it to be. He has more connections with the Ducati factory than some of us have had hot dinners so if he wanted it back to square standard 888 Corse spec., he could do it. If you've ever seen any of john's full restoration work you know this man not only knows his stuff, he is lucky enough to be able to execute it to perfection as well.

The bike is in JHP's showroom if you want to see it along with lots of other tasty stuff. It's gorgeous!

So clean that you really can eat your lunch off of it, simply lovely.
    Just need that lottery win!

(slight shocker of that dirt on the foot peg.)
    Attached Images
    celeresracing.blogspot looking-back-at-2016-classic-tt
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

do you have other photos to see?

I do.....
    Attached Images
    celeresracing.blogspot looking-back-at-2016-classic-tt
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

the big show !!!!!
    thanks Stafford !!!!
    do you have photo of the whole motorbike?

+ Reply to Thread