+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: First thread :D - show us your SS

Quote Originally Posted by crowster69 View Post
    i think mr R needs to wake up and smell the roses.I own a few bevels and i cant think of 1 thing they do better than a bandy 900ss.except hurt your right leg.so go on old fella sit back in ya lounge ,grab your blanket and your hot water bottle and enjoy the supersport bandy show.you might even learn something.hehe
    Now just you listen to me you young whipper snapper....

A well set up Bevel twin doesn't hurt your leg unless you're some sort of whimp?
    I can start my Bevel with the kickstart using my hand and often do so as a party piece.
    It's running lumpy Omega pistons, big valves/ported heads, 41mm rubber mounted carbs, dialled in cams, twin plug heads, full race tuned length individual exhausts and a slightly modified RITA ingnition system with Dyna coils.
    ...and that's just the topend of the motor!

As I'm a self confessed computer numpty aka "Ludite" I'll do my best to get a mate to load up one or two pic's of the old girl and then dare you to say that you haven't fallen in love all over again.
    It's won Best Ducati, Best Bevel, Best Twin, Farthest Travelled and Finest Sound from a Ducati* etc more times than any other Ducati in the UK.
    It's/I've covered well over 130,000 miles on it (and it's been a labour of love) don't ask me how many times I've rebuilt the crank as I've all but lost count but it's been worth it.
    Compared with this old nail the Bandies have no soul.

*It clicked 113 decibels on the noise meter at Snetterton a few years back before the tracks became too anal by far IMO and had the paddock at the WDW 2000 in raptures, later featuring in the Italian mag' Cafe Racer as the "Spirit of the Desmo".

One more fact...I've ridden/thrashed it all over the UK/IOM and Europe for well over 30 years now and it's (almost**) Never failed to get me home.

**The three times it's failed to get me home is when a Honda ignition switch, a UK made reg/rec and a USA made gudgeon/smallend (Arias) failed, all of these times within 15 miles of home.

How many Ducati owners can say that about any of the dukes that they've owned/built/maintained themselves??

Steve R...Rising to the bait but with my tounge still held firmly in my cheek.
    Last edited by Mr.R; 10-24-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Crowster, you poke a stick at a sleeping pit-bull, you get bit. Please don't do that again.

hehehehe. ok ok ok,i think ive learnt my lesson now,Im sorry to put you guys through that.MR R your bevel sounds nice id love to see it ,as i love bevels too, But the belt driven ss 900 are beautiful bikes in there own right.Id love to hear you agree.As i live in thailand these days i dont get to ride the bevels much back in aust ,so ive got my trusty belt drive 900ss to get me through.And it does a great job too.no offence intended
    Last edited by crowster69; 10-24-2012 at 09:28 PM.

It is kind of fun poking them, isn't it. That was a good one.

My bevel has never failed to get me home. It has over 80,000 km most of which was on long hauls from bris to Melbourne crusing at 150-160kph for hours on end.
    It's never had any thing more than a set of rings, and a couple of shims, apart from some lightening of engine bits and head work at 30,000 km. It will still do 220 kph, and will start if you look at it the wrong way. (Except for the ocassional knee in the face in winter) It's not an SS in Steve's book, but near as for my liking. The plank, dinosaur, blow bag, is a mans bike. None of that pussy electric start shit.
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

oh shit here we go.ive started something here.theyre starting to come outta the woodwork.

Like zombie's mate. I remember the time......
    Griff
    To infinity and.......

The older I get, the faster my bevel is/was/will have been
    Toys from new: 1981 Ducati 900MHR, 1985 Ducati 750F1, 1989 Ducati 851
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...tibruce/Bikes/
    From almost new: 1973 2000 GTV Alfa

ok i thought it was about time i posted a couple of pics of my bandy ss.just rebuilt with keihin flatslides,high comp pistons,cjs heads,light flywheel,dyna coils ,cojent dynamics rear shock ,racetech gold valve showas,and a heap of other stuff.Oh and before ya mention it the brembo full floater cast iron jobbies on the way.It hasnt got a kickstart but does a pretty good job.cant seem to figure out the photo posting so heres a link.hope ya like it especially MR R and Griff
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    Last edited by crowster69; 10-26-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Very nice! Always liked the half fairing SS's. That's what mine was, but it's gone damn it.

BTW, I can't get any photo's uploaded here lately either. Everyone comes up with an error symbol. Maybe Steve's not such a "Ludite" after all??

Bill

+ Reply to Thread