+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: First thread :D - show us your SS

Default First thread :D - show us your SS

OK I'll be the first one in here, seeing as my SS is my only running Duc at the moment. Post up a pic or 2 of your SS and a few details about it / why you like it / mods etc.

This is my '92 900 SS. Ex Japan, I got it with 10,978km on it, now up to 12,380. The bike still had the original Michelin A59 / M59 tyres on it, abeit very hard and perished, but still with half the thread!!

I have always lusted after a white frame / black wheel SS, so when this came up I snapped it up. I'll probably strip it right down and rebuild it when I've down the SP3, as it's showing the years of salt air in Japan, and a few little things here and there, but overall it's pretty good. I had to get another tank for it though as the one on it was heavily rusted, and I could only find a later one ( with the bigger breather thing at the front, and different colour stickers ). I've got a complete new sticker kit for the bike, so when I repaint it all the stickers will match.

I picked up a set of high level alloy Termis from a good bloke in Melbourne ( who has a stack of SL's ), and I also managed to pick up a brand new old stock set of high level carbon Termis from the local Ducati dealer who didn't know what they fitted and was just happy to get some beer money for them Apart from the mufflers, I'll keep it stock, it's got plenty of go for what I need and the places I ride.

Last edited by Jafa; 08-05-2012 at 03:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by got2dv8 View Post

Just hurry up and finish tearing her apart so you stop finding broken bits.
    SP3 #132
    1992 900 SS

Default My MKI Superlight

I love this bike, such a lovely motor, found this one in the back of a dealership in Paignton, he didnt have a clue what it was, nice to get one up on them occasionally!!
    Attached Images
    "The bike I would like to have in my personal museum is a Ducati 888, the last one before the 916. This is the best Ducati, the 916 is elegant but the 888 is the best. Massimo Bordi

I have two.
    One - the red one - is a (again) bone-stock '97 SS/SP. Originally was yellow, but the fairing was knackered so I put '95 red body work on it. I like it MUCH better in red. I will be putting it up for sale this Sept. I wish I could keep it - but don't have room for both it and the 851.

The other - the yellow one - is a long, long ways from stock.
    It's a '95 SS/SP. The picture should tell most of the story... Was built up from a former track bike. Will be doing a complete re-fit with a lightened white frame and hopefully Ohlins front this winter. In it's present state it has been dyno'd at 101 RWHP, and I estimate it's weight at abt 360 - 370 lbs. While easily streetable - it just rips... The exhaust note alone is worth the price. It far out performs the 851...

Yes, I really do like the air cooled two valvers...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MitchB; 08-05-2012 at 07:27 PM.

my 944SS tracbike.

henk!!!
    Attached Images

2010-03-23 15.21.26&.jpgduc no.1..jpgooh, I like this thread! My SS.

..............and there was me thinking this was a forum for 851/888's
    Surely there's forums for also ran Ducati's without haunting this one?
    I wouldn't mind but at the end of the day these bikes are just "Bandies" aka a very poor imitation of the real thing, the Classic Bevel 900SS.
    Anyone who's ridden both of these models will know the difference between them.

Steve R

Talking Tiffie's SS 750

Bought her quite cheap at an online auction, imported her and got the rather nice dyslectic license plate MotorZycle-Falentino-Rossi-46 !
    Went to Zandvoort on her for my racing license, only to find out she missed O0ompfh coming out of the corners. Still a good ride for on the road, 900's probably a likkle better.

Ooh and she started in 1 click after the winter (picture was taken ).
    Attached Images

Default My '95 900SS-SP

Here's a couple of pics of my SS from today. Just had the crank lightened, balanced & polished.
    Hauls ass!!!!
    Attached Images
    1990 851
    1992 907ie
    1992 851 Strada
    1995 900SS-SP
    1996 900SS-CR
    2002 748
    2005 749S
    2007 Husqvarna SMR510 SuperMoto

Cool

I wouldn't mind but at the end of the day these bikes are just "Bandies"
    We need a home!!
    Last edited by countcoupe; 08-06-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    ..............and there was me thinking this was a forum for 851/888's
    Surely there's forums for also ran Ducati's without haunting this one?
    I wouldn't mind but at the end of the day these bikes are just "Bandies" aka a very poor imitation of the real thing, the Classic Bevel 900SS.
    Anyone who's ridden both of these models will know the difference between them.

Steve R
    Hi Steve,

I have and i never had to rebuild the crank after 5k miles on my old Pantah/F1 based SS
    Unlike my Dad and his 860cc bevel SS (he now owns for the last 22 years a proper mille bevel)

Some say the bandy bottom ends look good with 4v heads and barrels some say not!

Steve K

+ Reply to Thread