+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1993 Ducati 851 Superbike Strada For Sale

Cool 1993 Ducati 851 Superbike Strada For Sale

Hey guys and girls,
    I have for sale my 1993 Ducati 851 Superbike Strada.
    Excellent condition,
    One owner,
    10466km,
    Been in storage for the last 2 years,
    Excellent condition,
    Near new Michelin tyres,
    Brake and clutch lines have been upgraded,
    Carburetor has just been serviced,
    belts, chain everything has been checked and serviced if needed.

The bike and me are in Nagoya city, Japan.
    More photo's available upon request.

Shipping and associated costs are paid by the buyer and will be notified ASAP.
    Price:¥1,200,000 (one million, two hundred thousand yen)

Any serious questions and inquiries please email me directly at riki_nagoya69@yahoo.com
    Attached Images

Carburetor service?

Default Carburetor service=engine overhaul

Sorry, I made mistake.
    (Carburetor service)=engine overhaul.

It's a 1991 unit. Not sure when it was cold in Japan. 1993's where 888's being '92 model the interim model: 888 look but 851 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by BARONROJO View Post
    It's a 1991 unit. Not sure when it was cold in Japan. 1993's where 888's being '92 model the interim model: 888 look but 851 engine.
    >BARONROJO<thank you for the updated information.
    I thought it seemed a bit odd, after reading various articles about 851/888 bikes and their change over production years.
    Cheers from Japan!

I own a fantastic strada '91 which has, for me, the better of two worlds: the somehow fatty lloks of the earlier version and the very improved showa fork.

Greetings form Spain and good luck with the sale!

Quote Originally Posted by BARONROJO View Post
    I own a fantastic strada '91 which has, for me, the better of two worlds: the somehow fatty lloks of the earlier version and the very improved showa fork.

Greetings form Spain and good luck with the sale!
    BARONROJO>thank you. How is the Ducati market in Spain?

Well, nowadays we're one of the countries which has resulted very injured for the world crisis and nothing goes right with over 20% of unemployement... Let's hope this thing finishes soon! -but I can't be optimistic, though-

Apart from that, the bike market and the Ducati market are quite healthy in our country. Anyway, our market is a bit different to others in Europes because we d'ont have a long biking tradition. Spain was under the dictature of Franco for almost 40 years 1939-1975 and that kept us poor and out of money for almost anything. Besides that, as ther was a small national industry for small capacity machines (Ossa, Bultaco, Montesa) there were laws which forbid the importation of motorcycles to protect our national industry.
    After that, my country grew at an amazing pace and we went into the "first world" in less than 20 years. Therefore, we have all sort of bikes but we DON'T have the souvenirs from the old good high capacity machines.

Apart from some freakies like me -I own a MTS 1000, a Paso 750, an F1 750 and mi 851 Strada '91- most bikers don't appreaciate much these classic bikes which keep on being a real thrill to ride!!!!

In this respect, Japan is thousand of miles ahead!

Default Thank you Spain

Hi Baronrojo,
    I can thank Spain and particularly the coast road near Calpe for my first introduction to the 851, zipping along in my hire car a red bike appeared behind me and roared past, I could only discern 851 on the side...I tried to floor it and see him go through the next curves only to find he had vanished...
    I came home to ask my friend in the know, which bike was red with 851 on the side because I had to have it! Only to find out just how expensive they were!!
    It took me 4 years to raise the money but I bought my dream bike in 1995 and I still have her!
    So thank you Spain!!!
    Regards
    Greg

Hi hippotech,

Using Bill Watterson's words I can only state that "There is treasure everywhere".

A couple of weekends ago I went out for the first time with my "new" 851 and a couple of friends on their 1098 tricolore and 998 FE. I had got quite a confident riding with the 851 and I passed first, with the stunned 1098 pilot struggling to keep the pace and the 998 FE somehow far behind.

Down the mountain we made a stop for gas and a couple of minutes later two guys arrived in their car just because they had spotted us and had made an attemp to see the strange red bike which had passed roaring ahead...
    These are the kind of things that make sense in life!

I live in the Basque Country in Spain, a real paradise for road ridign..... and there must be some kind of connexion, as my bike comes from the Netherlands!

+ Reply to Thread