+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ECU EPROM Images

Red face Thanks again Brad!

Oh Brad! Thanks for your email address the other day! I know you said you prefer to answer my questions off of the forums, but I enjoy it so much more when you pop up randomly, out of the interwebs to share your vast wealth of knowledge and information, like some magical, motorcycle tuning genie! How many more wishes do I have?

I remembered hearing on the forum somewhere the Strada and US SPO was the same. So I wasnt too surprised. I assumed the fim chip was hopped up a bit, but it all makes perfect sense now.
    Last edited by freqrider; 09-10-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Default 916 Strada P8 bin

Link to . bin file. Sorry, can't upload from iphone?

http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...5%20192.02.zip

Default SilMoto chip

I discovered the SilMoto chip has an ox0800 offset. Allow for this in the xdf's header and the tables are all there.

Quote Originally Posted by freqrider View Post
    I opened the above files in Tunerpro with this xdf, attached below. It appears that the Stada and Fimdam display identical fuel, ignition, tps, ect..to the stock 038 chip. The 038B displays a nice gradual increase in fuel delivery, as expected. (Interestingly, I took the stock038 bin and increased fuel delivery by 3, 5, 7 and 10 percent increments, and the 7% fuel map I created was virtually identical to the 038B Tuned Euro chip!!) The Silmoto bin came up all zeros so the maps must be at a different address. When I say Identical, Im referring to the 3D images generated by Tuner pro! A comparison of the binhex data shows they are vastly different in a coded sense? This has lead me to beleive my xdf file, for a Guzzi P8 may be incorrect or the aftermarket chips are encrypted? Or they're just ripping us off, selling us a stock chip! The 040, 996sps maps all exhibit larger fuel levels and increased spark advance? So it seems to read Ducati's bins correctly? Only the aftermarket bins seem the sameas the stock 038? Am I missing something? Any tuner geeks want to chime in and check the xdf over? I'd love a second opinion!
    A correctly modified chip wont just have a % increase across the board....motors don't work that way! Although I had many ask for this usually unusable mod. If you came up all zeros, you are correct, you may need to look elsewhere in the file. The chips could be 128, 256 0r 512 with the data shifted to match. Guzzi chips are different but the same, there is a part of the file that specifies the map parameters but the fuel delivery is amazingly the same across motors. Be wary of the injection phase map.
    Last edited by racerx; 10-19-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Although not optimal, very workable results can be achieved by adding a percenntage overall to the fuel map. After all, that is precisely what changing jets and adjusting air/fuel ratio screws on carburators do. In fact, Ducati has offered tuning chips with bracket -3 to +6% percent increment changes for several bikes including corsas! When I get my hands on a dyno and some wb o2 sensors I'll do it proper and develop a delta map for it. Till then it's my only option.

+ Reply to Thread