+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: SP4S in Moto Rapido

I watch that show, he's great. I am in the states working far more in an average year then I am at home. Much better tv in the states, especially in football season!
    Ducati's 851, 888, Bimota's Db2, Db5, Honda blades 93 /96, Triumph speed triple, Zxr 750K1, Zx7rr

Quote Originally Posted by sp2 boy View Post
    360C Are you in the motor trade...just that you seem to have a nose for exclusive, read expensive, items or are you a regular dude who likes to know how others spend their money...what do you do to earn a crust?
    Feel free to tell me to 'bugger-off' if you want!
    Ask away, I'm not easily offended

My business background is mainly retail pharmacy, which I have done for 25 years; but I have done all sorts of things along the way. If something sounds interesting and there's half a chance of making a buck, I'll give it a shot. It doesn't always work out that way; but overall it's been interesting and rewarding to try different things. I've been in retail photography, the music industry as an importer, part own a vineyard in south Australia, part owned an almond farm, I am a director in a medical employment agency........... so quite varied business interests. I also own and manage some commercial properties and try not to lose my shirt on the share market.

My passions outside work are also pretty varied. I started following cars as a teenager and have been obsessively involved for about 35 years. Over that period of time you meet a lot of people, experience a lot of stuff and collect a lot of information, hence the references in my posts. I have done a bit of racing; but nothing of any great note. I have been fortunate to have owned some pretty interesting cars along the way.
    I became interested in bikes in the late 1980's, pretty much exclusively Italian marques. Not quite as involved with the bikes as with cars; but I still enjoy them when I have the time.
    Other than that I collect F1 historic memorabilia, automotive reference books and wine.

Bet you're sorry you asked

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey View Post
    I watch that show, he's great. I am in the states working far more in an average year then I am at home. Much better tv in the states, especially in football season!
    He has a fairly high profile in the States and I find his show is a better representation of the collector market. The other stuff is pretty horrible!

My hunch was so wrong, I thought that you had something to do with the automotive trade, possibly a dealer in exotica...instead you are a man of many interests, a rounded person with many experiences.

[QUOTE=360C;37567]I see the points you are making; but its a bit of a stretch to say that amounts to a racing pedigree for the SPS. In reality the spec is still a fair way off a true Corsa, even if a few amateur racers may have gone that route through lack of other options.

Hi

Iam not so sure that Michael Rutter would take to kindly as being called an amateur racer do some digging 360C.

Scott

[QUOTE=scott 888;37585]
    Quote Originally Posted by 360C View Post
    I see the points you are making; but its a bit of a stretch to say that amounts to a racing pedigree for the SPS. In reality the spec is still a fair way off a true Corsa, even if a few amateur racers may have gone that route through lack of other options.

Hi

Iam not so sure that Michael Rutter would take to kindly as being called an amateur racer do some digging 360C.

Scott
    Ok, one professional and a few amateurs then

Quote Originally Posted by sp2 boy View Post
    My hunch was so wrong, I thought that you had something to do with the automotive trade, possibly a dealer in exotica...instead you are a man of many interests, a rounded person with many experiences.

Automotive trade? Not so far anyway

+ Reply to Thread