+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Belgian 851/888 Corsa's

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cornwall S.W. England
    Posts
    5,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sp2 boy View Post
    Nice to see that even a plain old SP2 was used for serious racing, so not only were the SPS models real racers under a road guise so where the slightly more humble SP models!
    Peter,

    Back when the British Championship was an almost one make affair with most of the field running 888's, quite a lot of them were hopped up SP's.

    Steve R

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    Peter,

    Back when the British Championship was an almost one make affair with most of the field running 888's, quite a lot of them were hopped up SP's.

    Steve R
    Steve it was my attempt at very slight sarcasm at the following post, see here, where 360C thought that the SPS were not really race bikes...to me they were more so than the previous SP models, as for the SP5...best I say nothing as I have already upset Jasper far too much this week already!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Well, a big F*ck you to Mr.360C.
    Here's a pic of Danny Schildermans with his spare bike, a Freddy Nijssen tuned SP5. Danny managed to upset the "big" Belgian and Dutch factory supported teams by winning his share of SBK and BoTT races. He and Michael Paquay were, and still are my racing heros!

    La guerra continua!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Is he running front 'Showa' forks?

    What's the connection with the 'baby blue' colour, I just looked up national racing colours and that does not seem to be the reason?

    National racing colours, click here.
    Last edited by sp2 boy; 02-24-2012 at 01:57 PM.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sp2 boy View Post
    Is he running front 'Showa' forks?

    What's the connection with the 'baby blue' colour, I just looked up national racing colours and that does not seem to be the reason?

    National racing colours, click here.
    If they were wairing the Belgian national racing colors the bike should be painted pink!
    The baby blue is Freddy Nijssen's team colors and yes they were running a stock SP5 with a pimped engine as a nr2 bike.
    La guerra continua!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cornwall S.W. England
    Posts
    5,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sp2 boy View Post
    Steve it was my attempt at very slight sarcasm at the following post, see here, where 360C thought that the SPS were not really race bikes...to me they were more so than the previous SP models, as for the SP5...best I say nothing as I have already upset Jasper far too much this week already!
    Ah I see your point Peter, probably it's because I'd never take the piss or wind anyone up, I take most things on here at face value

    The SP(4)S's were originally intended to be sold to importers/dealers who had a recognised rider with a chance of winning whatever they were entered into...
    So they were an out and out race bike, but with a full compliment of lights to make them legal for proddy races.
    Remove the lights, heavy bodywork and swap the exhaust cams and you were pretty close to a '91 spec Corsa.
    Certainly a lot closer than any of the Homologation specials that came out of Japan back then.

    Have I mentioned that my old "Bitsa" is lighter and kicks out more power than a SP(4)S????????

    Steve R

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    Ah I see your point Peter, probably it's because I'd never take the piss or wind anyone up, I take most things on here at face value



    Have I mentioned that my old "Bitsa" is lighter and kicks out more power than a SP(4)S????????

    Steve R
    Yeah, yeah

    and NO, really?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    Ah I see your point Peter, probably it's because I'd never take the piss or wind anyone up, I take most things on here at face value

    The SP(4)S's were originally intended to be sold to importers/dealers who had a recognised rider with a chance of winning whatever they were entered into...
    So they were an out and out race bike, but with a full compliment of lights to make them legal for proddy races.
    Remove the lights, heavy bodywork and swap the exhaust cams and you were pretty close to a '91 spec Corsa.
    Certainly a lot closer than any of the Homologation specials that came out of Japan back then.

    Have I mentioned that my old "Bitsa" is lighter and kicks out more power than a SP(4)S????????

    Steve R
    Exhaust cams of the 91 racing and SP5 and Sp4 were the same, or not?
    La guerra continua!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by desmo57 View Post
    Exhaust cams of the 91 racing and SP5 and Sp4 were the same, or not?
    91 racing, SP5 and SP4S yes, not the SP4. I am not sure about the SP3S though!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    439

    Default

    You are mistaking Peter, exhaust cams are 77/42 on SP4/SPS, SP5 and racing 91.
    La guerra continua!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts