+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: new project perhaps

Default new project perhaps

Here's a pic of a project that I'm thinking about. 07' S4RS deep sump Testa engine in 92' 851. This engine has the 50mm TB's so hopefully there will be enough room. I don't have the TB's here to try yet.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Here's a pic of a project that I'm thinking about. 07' S4RS deep sump Testa engine in 92' 851. This engine has the 50mm TB's so hopefully there will be enough room. I don't have the TB's here to try yet.

swing arm? do you use the 888 or the s4?

888 use bearigns into the carter...s4rs use bearings into the swing arm....

the 888 carter is large than the s4rs or there are some difference??

ciao tiz

Quote Originally Posted by tiz851 View Post
    swing arm? do you use the 888 or the s4?

888 use bearigns into the carter...s4rs use bearings into the swing arm....

the 888 carter is large than the s4rs or there are some difference??

ciao tiz
    tiz, I will use the 888 swingarm, the S4RS engine cases have the same bearing system as the 888. Several people have put ST4S engines in their 888's, bolts right in, I think the S4RS will too. I plan on re-wiring and using a 1.6 ECU from a 996, FIM chip for single injector. Make an adapter to put old style TPS on the S4RS TB's. I may have to have it re-mapped both fuel and igniting timing.
    Last edited by marvin; 06-20-2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: sp

tiz, I will use the 888 swingarm, the S4RS engine cases have the same bearing system as the 888. Several people have put ST4S engines in their 888's, bolts right in, I think the S4RS will too.
    i make a supertwins bike with 996 frame and st2 engine...

we mill the case because the 996 swing arm don't fit in.....

i suppose the s4rs use the same system of 996 swing arm!

i'm sorry for the mistake!

I plan on re-wiring and using a 1.6 ECU from a 996, FIM chip for single injector. Make an adapter to put old style TPS on the S4RS TB's. I may have to have it re-mapped both fuel and igniting timing.

you use the tb of 888????
    mmmhh.....when i change the engine at 996 with 998,we use the original ecu with the original tb of 996....
    the engine give 14hp less the standard 998....

using the 998 tb,the hp are the same....
    you must use the iniector over trottle....

ciao tiz
    Last edited by tiz851; 06-20-2007 at 03:00 PM.

tiz,
    The s4rs uses the same swingarm system as the 888,st4,st4s. not the same as 996. no need to machine cases to fit 888 swingarm.

the s4rs comes with the 50mm tb's not the 54 like the 999. yes it will make less hp than the 999s, i think 130 claimed by ducati as opposed to 143 of the 999s. the 50mm tb's will make for better low end power. to use the st4s tb's you have to either use the 5.9 ecu or modify to use 888 tps and the 1.6 ecu.
    link to great information:
    http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/#ducati
    Last edited by marvin; 06-20-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: p.s.

tiz, P.S.

Although it might be nice to have the extra hp that the 54mm tb's will deliver the additional cost would be high. I'm not sure that i could use that high end hp anyway as it is primarily a street bike. I live in the mountains of north carolina and the roads are really tight and twistie and i think the 50mm tb's will give me enough power and at a lower rpm. i plan on setting the cams at 107/107 and setting the squish about 1mm, should be enough for a street bike!

tiz, P.S.

Although it might be nice to have the extra hp that the 54mm tb's will deliver the additional cost would be high. I'm not sure that i could use that high end hp anyway as it is primarily a street bike. I live in the mountains of north carolina and the roads are really tight and twistie and i think the 50mm tb's will give me enough power and at a lower rpm. i plan on setting the cams at 107/107 and setting the squish about 1mm, should be enough for a street bike!

ciao tiz

Default too late

Well guys, it's too late to turn back! I sold my present engine last weekend, bought the testa, and now have my bike completely torn down. (the frame/swingarm in the pics I posted are just spare parts)

¿any problems of clearance between deep sump and fairing?
    ¿what type of exhausts?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfManSpecial View Post
    ¿any problems of clearance between deep sump and fairing?
    ¿what type of exhausts?
    The exhaust shouldn't be much of a problem as the deep sump is essentially only "deep" on the right side of the engine. I have a 45/50mm Farne header, St4S , and the S4RS headers that I can modify. I may have to modify the fairing but won't know until much later.

+ Reply to Thread