+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Corse Gallery

There are still some of us out here who appreciate them, Mark.
    '01 996R, '94 888 SPO Ltd, '88 851 Adamo racebike, '91 ZX-7R K1 homologation, '89 NSR250 MC18r5k, '01 Derbi GPR50/75, '71 CB450/500 café.

Thank you--- good to hear from someone in the US who appreciates these first 4V Corse's.

Default Frame mods for daytona ...

[QUOTE=MarkT;71062]Hi Steve-

Nice to see you still have your Oxford. I would like to see more sans bodywork photos- from what I can see the Oxford team made frame changes (extra frame tube on the right side?) and used non-factory parts (triple tree) which they felt improved the bike. At least this is my assumption. Always interesting to see a bike which reflects the personality of the team and rider.

Hi Mark ,
    yes the frame was rebuilt for the 93 Daytona 200 race
    by the guy in the UK that built the Trellis framed works Nortons! I think they reworked the existing frame into something special to stop the chatter problem all the teams had , rumour was it was done in lightweight 531 tubing , anyway the headstock area is completely boxed in top n bottom , there is extra large bracing on the x parts and around the left footrest and a extra tube added in on the right , but I understand this is to protect the crankcases from accident damage as they are expensive and fragile anyway ….. I think the yokes and later footrests were added by the Devimead team in 94 .
    Engine was 955 spec by then and I bought this bike because of this higher spec when I could have bought Foggy's corsa for a similar amount as I was racing it not collecting them at the time ! (95) .
    I ran it in supertwins drag racing and sound of thunder club racing for years , until swapping to my 1026cc 996 in the 2000's .
    I love your collection , you have an eye for it - no one else have ever mentioned the extra frame rail !
    I have attached the naked frame pic I have and one of the team at Daytona with Hislop .
    Cheers Steve .
    Attached Images
    Get yer twins out !

Thank you for the pictures and the insights into the team. Very cool. Love to see these older battle axes which reflect the team's personality by their mods which other teams did not think of or were afraid to change factory designs. Great looking at all the bits and especially checking out the welds which reflect the pragmatic- get-it-done approach this team seemed to practice.

I ran my Corse's from '97 to 2009- as you can tell by the period classic leathers in my avatar. In 2009 I bought a salvage D16 and continued doing track days until three years ago when my fragile broken back started warning me about having a crash. I haven't crashed on the track for over 20 years but once you starting being worried about crashing it is time to get off the track.

+ Reply to Thread