+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Project

Default New Project

I picked up this 04' S4R at a "scratch n' dent " sale. Next Winter's Street Fighter Project.
    Attached Images

Do you pick up all these projects to make the rest of us appear lazy? Can't wait to see this one.
    Paul Gray
    98,900fe

I think it needs a new chain!
    Go on, how much did you cough for it?
    Griff
    Last edited by griff851; 07-09-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by griff851 View Post
    I think it needs a new chain!
    Go on, how much did you cough for it?
    Griff
    What's wrong with the chain!? It will last a long time, probably at least 1000 miles before the rust wears through!

I hate to tell you how much I paid for it,,,,but $600. It was at an impound yard in Birmingham AL,Craigslist. Stevo went and picked it up for me. He and some friends went last weekend to ride the Cherohala Parkway in Tenn. and threw it in the back of his truck. I met him there.

how can you loose at that sort of dosh. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by pgray View Post
    Do you pick up all these projects to make the rest of us appear lazy? Can't wait to see this one.
    Hey Paul,

You could work on a Project Bike when you're at the Firehouse waiting for a call couldn't you.

Quote Originally Posted by griff851 View Post
    how can you loose at that sort of dosh. Brilliant.
    Yeah, good deal! I wish it was an "S", would rather have a Testastretta engine but this one will be OK. I have another S4R 996 engine that is slated for a 851 track bike (I've been collecting parts for a few years). I have a set of SPS intake cams for it that I may borrow. According to Steve, and Chris Steedman one can use Strada intakes in place of the SPS exhaust cams. Brad says that I will have to grind the sides of the closing lobes for rocker arm clearance but that shouldn't be a big deal as MarkT has a tool post grinder that I can borrow. Chris has done it twice with good results. The strada intakes are very close to SPS exhausts from what I understand.
    This Project will more than likely be "quick & dirty", no money, time and very little energy for another long project. Just skim the heads a bit, SPS cams, 1.6 ECU/996 wiring harness, and build a better exhaust. I may just spray everything satin black with a rattle can.

we have new chief at the dept. these days and to put it lightly he is not a popular person. at most i'll check the oil,lube a chain or change a tail light bulb. it is sad but my big goal at work these days is to keep my head down till 12/14/12 when i can become a pensioner , on a positive our medical director is a top guy so my medic skill are staying sharp. now what this place is about, i have the 851 on the table for nichols engine mount bolts.
    Paul Gray
    98,900fe

Bargain
    Over in the UK bargain dukes crop up on here http://www.copart.co.uk/c2/home.html
    Not seen a 851/888 yet but a D16 was listed not long ago

Default throttle bodies

Marvin,

Just curious if you have the same tb's on your project bike as I do sitting here. Mine have an additional fast idle cable actuator. Is there a separate cable for the fast idle (choke cable) that leads to the bars?

I have a 916 throttle with the little fast idle button that I will be using, so I will not be using the tb's fast idle circuit. I've already removed the lower arm which attaches to the cable because it easily can initiate the fast idle with no cable (at least it did when I would open and close the butterflies using the rod linkage).

I am just interested in how it functions.

Robert
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread