+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MHR 900 NCR spec bevel - sorry not 888!

Default MHR 900 NCR spec bevel - sorry not 888!

I found this bike for sale at only 4000.00 - the catch and its a big one, is that the bike is in Japan.

Being much younger than bevel expert Mr R. , I have no idea what this bike is but it looks interesting all the same.

Is it a replica or the real deal?

Cheers, Tony
    Last edited by Tony IOM; 02-28-2012 at 04:59 PM.

it looks like they put a bunch of parts together to me,but i am no expert as well.
    nice period correct exhaust.

henk!!!

Looks like an 82- 83 S2 or Hailwood rep frame, with a Millie eng. wrong wheels, and four pot front brake calipers, and had a swing arm change for wider rear wheel. Definitely a bitza. Bit much of an Frankenstein for my liking. But the base parts are there to build a good original bike, and at that price, a good starting point.

Griff

PS Steve knows sod all about these as he is stuck in prehistoric 4 bolt disc world. Anything bevel with 6 bolts discs is not a real bike in his world.
    Last edited by griff851; 06-29-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Griff, or anybody else, were all the 'mille' engines available as both 'springer' and 'desmo'?

No, Springer heads were from GT's and Darmahs. Basically the cruiser versions. The Millie came out in 84 and was fitted to the S2 and the Hailwood replica as the last generation of the bevel drive motor. Although the box of bits construction method meant that the occasional S2 84 will still have the standard motor.
    Like the Kickstarters for instance. The 82-83's didn't have one, but then in the last of the S2's they do. My guess is they knew the range was finished so they had a box of kickstarters left over, so they used them. Which was a pain in the arse as I had to split my engine to fit one, because the starter motor had an earth leak and kept chewing through batteries, so I pissed it off.

Griff
    Last edited by griff851; 06-29-2011 at 07:07 PM.

+1 on henk's "bunch of parts" comment. A low priced bitza bevel half way around the world sounds pretty scarey to me. Bevels have got to be an acquired taste if you didn't grow up with them. I'm 67 so I did, and I've got my '80 900ss so it's a lot of fun to ride, but it would be the first one out the door if I had to cut back on my bikes. Recommend talking it over with a bevel person close to home.
    Bill

This one used to race with a 'Mille' engine, in its previous form, but has now got a 750 desmo 'roundcase' destined for it, when I get a chance to slot it all together.

It should be a fun little project unless I change my mind and split it into two seperate projects, I am still not sure which way to go but really like the look of the Imola bikes.

Last edited by sp2 boy; 06-29-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: picture

You don't want that old frame, its a piece of junk with no use. Look it hasn't even got a center stand. So bastard head, why do you have an NCR frame and why are you not selling it to me for 50 p?

Griff

Griff here are some of the pictures that I was trying to send to you ages ago...here are some more.

50p.....as much as that!!! It must be worth something then?

Double bastard head. You don't want that dry clutch either. They're rubbish as well. They get dirt in them and blow up your engine. 75 p for both.

Griff

+ Reply to Thread