+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many left ??

Default How many left ??

According to the How Many Left? website, there is only 4 taxed 851's left in the UK (5 sorn);

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=ducati+851

And only 1 888 strada, and 5 SPS's (common as muck) taxed!!;

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=ducati+888

Love to know where they get these numbers from !!!

Or are all our bikes not taxed/sorn

Or are we all living in a dream world and we don't actually own these bikes !!

Johnny

Or our we all 'missing';

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=ducati%20&p=6
    Last edited by jr60; 06-27-2011 at 06:10 AM.

On the 851 front I've got one taxed and the other on SORN.

I've kept all of my bikes upto date after they tried to fine me 80 for a RD250E that was in boxes.
    But my '74 250 Desmo seems to have dropped off their radar, along with possibly thousands of other bikes according to their figures.

Steve R

I am in a quandary over this, I have vehicles registered to me that are off the radar, not been on the road for several years...I am reluctant to do anything until they go back on the road otherwise I will have to declare SORN every year or face a 80 fine for each vehicle that I forget to SORN annually.

Stuff this job creation scheme, where bureaucracy creates jobs that can only be funded by fines but will end up being supplemented by those that are actually working in the private sector, who generate taxation and money to stuff ourselves up with stupid rules!

If they really cared about the problem of uninsured motorist, they would attatch third party insurance onto the road fund licence, sale of vehicles could also be carried out by transfers witnessed at the Court/ solicitors/ Police station or town hall so that nobody could say that they had sold the vehicle but where the new owner never actually registers the car with their details. This works in other countries.

If you click on the bike name, it shows different numbers in the four quarters. Is the annual total the sum of all the quarters? If so, there were 41 851s taxed or on SORN in 2010, which seems more reasonable. Q1 2010 match Q1 2011. 30 SPS, 7 SP5 and 9 SP4 in 2010.

Mike
    Last edited by mikesps; 06-27-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Could be Mike, but with that logic there were 30 sps's in 2010!!

Truth is a lot of bikes are probably just down as Ducati on the v5 with a cc of 851/888 and nothing in the model 'box', don't really know.
    Last edited by jr60; 06-27-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Yes, there are 383 Ducatis with no model in 2010 if they add up. 30 SPS does seem high, but it will include both SP4S and SP3S

Mike

Wink

Dont start all that SP3S stuff again

Dont mention Jehova

oh damn

I reckon you're right, a quick search revealed only 47 916s, just 3 900 Superlights and if you own a Monster 1000 Dark apparantly you have the only one in the country!

If you have a look at Ducati 'Missing' you'll see that there are thousands of them:

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ducati_missing

If had a few myself, last one was a 900SS with no model which just had 'Ducati' and '900cc' on the logbook.

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by jr60 View Post
    Truth is a lot of bikes are probably just down as Ducati on the v5 with a cc of 851/888 and nothing in the model 'box', don't really know.

I only memtioned it once, and I think I got away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesps View Post
    I only memtioned it once, and I think I got away with it.
    Oh I just thought that we now take it as THE truth that it existed, no questions asked, you now - we believe in it!!

+ Reply to Thread