+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sp5 #98 ??

Default Sp5 #98 ??

Hey guys,

A friend of mine has located SP5 #98 in Japan and has aked me about it's history.

I seem to recall this SP5 and the considerable discussions about it, but I cannot recall the specifics as it was some time ago.

I did a archive search here and came up with nothing, hence this post if someone here knows about this SP5.

What I dod recall is a particular gentleman, Markus Belkin spoke on this SP5, but I have no contact information for Markus.

If anyone here recalls anything about this SP5, please respond here or to me privately at mrc.engr@verizon.net

Thanks........ Mike
    Mike Cecchini

It's not what you ride.......it's how you ride it.

Hi All,
    Funny that this should come up now. Friend of mine with a collection of 21 bikes (mostly Ducati, but diluted with a couple of MV's, Bimota's and a Laverda) is searching hard for an SP5 and was put onto this exact bike. I had some photos sent to me and noticed the following: two-piece fairings, non-original front rotors, non-original master cylinders and levers, Corse rearsets, missing V-piece, non-original screen, hideous white paint around the headlight etc., Apparently the motor has been rebuilt and she has done about 36,000-ish kms. Not saying that the parts fitted to the bike are bad, just not original. Some people may not care about this, but my friend does, so it's still for sale. Note too that there is a video of this exact bike on YouTube that was posted nearly 3 years ago, so they have had it for a while.
    Hope this helps.

BTW, if any of my forum friends have an immaculate SP5 that is genuinely for sale (like really for sale, not maybe for sale - Gavin), please let me know. I have a cashed up buyer waiting... :-)

Cheers,
    Markus
    Last edited by markus_sp3; 03-16-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Thank you for your quick reply Markus.

Would you be kind enough to send the pics of this SP5 to me at mrc.engr@verizon.net.

My best........ Mike
    Mike Cecchini

Is this is the video you are referring to ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSbdkTra1Lc

Now I understand your comments.

Thank you Markus.
    Mike Cecchini

Sent as requested.

Default SP5 for sale

There's one for sale on mobile.de, #65

They claim it's original, as is the price... 18.888 euro.

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...e&pageNumber=1

Cheers
    Jarno

Quote Originally Posted by markus_sp3 View Post
    Hi All,
    Funny that this should come up now. Friend of mine with a collection of 21 bikes (mostly Ducati, but diluted with a couple of MV's, Bimota's and a Laverda) is searching hard for an SP5 and was put onto this exact bike. I had some photos sent to me and noticed the following: two-piece fairings, non-original front rotors, non-original master cylinders and levers, Corse rearsets, missing V-piece, non-original screen, hideous white paint around the headlight etc., Apparently the motor has been rebuilt and she has done about 36,000-ish kms. Not saying that the parts fitted to the bike are bad, just not original. Some people may not care about this, but my friend does, so it's still for sale. Note too that there is a video of this exact bike on YouTube that was posted nearly 3 years ago, so they have had it for a while.
    Hope this helps.

BTW, if any of my forum friends have an immaculate SP5 that is genuinely for sale (like really for sale, not maybe for sale - Gavin), please let me know. I have a cashed up buyer waiting... :-)

Cheers,
    Markus

If it is all original and good condition...... 19k euro is reasonable. I prefer a 3, 4 or S.......but that's just me.
    Mike Cecchini

Not completely original, but it's low mileage and it's got some very expensive parts on it that would be close to the top of the upgrade list of most owners.

Have a look at this link...

http://www.ducati851and888.com/showthread.php?t=3619

Steve R

Quote Originally Posted by mrc.engr View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply Markus.

Would you be kind enough to send the pics of this SP5 to me at mrc.engr@verizon.net.

My best........ Mike
    How about these:

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car...tml?no_cache=1

Has been for sale for at least 18 months.

Regards,
    Mike

Hindsight,
    That's the same bike (#98) that started this thread, and those photos are the same that I was sent by the dealer. The plot thickens...

Thanks for the link.

+ Reply to Thread