+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 888 SPS #89 for sale

I bought Remko's SPS back in 2012, and was worried about buying it blind and was affected by the rumours of SPS's coming out of Holland. So, i did what every sensible person would do, get it checked by a reputable Ducati dealer, in this case it was Biggelar and Toine and his father rebuilt the engine/bike in 2005.

As an extra safety measure i had them inspect it again before going ahead with the purchase, added to that Jarno knew the bike and confirmed its authenticity.

A few days before the bike was collected by the courier i had an email from Livio, who confirmed the bikes engine/frame no and noted:

'We can confirm the bikes frame and engine number due to the fact the bike was built in the Ducati race department'

Not a bad buy for . And yes i ride it as much as time allows, it can often be seen in riding along the M4 as i travel into work. Although it never leaves my sight throughout the day. I agree with JackG............ god its beautiful.

Inda
    Attached Images
    Last edited by firefly_1965; 05-12-2014 at 06:39 AM.

Default Dutch SPS's

Guys,

After all the stories we've read on the forum about SP's coming from Holland, i want to say 2 things!

First,
    Don't send Ducati emails with frame #'s asking if the bike is genuine unless you're the owner of the bike, and have proven this to Ducati with the registration papers in your name!

Do you really think Ducati will hand out info to everyone who sends them an email with a frame # they found somewhere on the forum or web!? No, of course not! They might be Italians but the're not stupid...
    They give anyone who does a standard answer stating the bike is a 1993 Strada in their records!
    How do i know this... from personal experience and worried forum members who contacted me with this same 'problem'...

The best thing to do is ask the plate # of the bike and check it with the RDW in Holland, this is the vehicle registration company!

Second,
    People find it 'amazing' how many SP's and SPS's come from such a small country as Holland.
    But it's not so amazing when you take in mind the fact that Ducati North Europe was based in Holland in the 90's... Plus the fact that we're big fans of motorsport, we have the Dutch TT, the World Superbikes and even separate Ducati Club races, which were very popular in the 90's...

The only reason why i didn't own an SPS back then is because i was 16... LOL and couldn't afford one anyway!

So we're a small rich country with the biggest Ducati importer in Europe based in it... You can do the math yourself...

If there're still people having doubts, give me a plate # and i'll check it out for you!

Found these interesting pages:
    http://www.rdwdata.nl/merken/ducati/888+sp
    http://www.rdwdata.nl/merken/ducati/888+sport+produktie

All the 888SP's registered in The Netherlands today!

Cheers
    Jarno
    Last edited by jarno888sps; 05-12-2014 at 12:28 PM. Reason: additional info

Sent you a pb

Peer

Quote Originally Posted by peer888sp4 View Post
    Sent you a pb

Peer
    PB? Persoonlijk bericht? Didn't get one!

Sorry

Pressed the wrong button i guess.

I have tried it again

Peer

+ Reply to Thread