+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what to lookout for '92 851 13k km...

Smile what to lookout for '92 851 13k km...

hi everyone, first post in this forum,
    Im just in the procedure of purchasing the basic variety 92 851, having owned a 907 since new, I thaught a sportier bike would be a good addition, can you tell me what are the things that need looking at with this model,
    thanks in advance
    Claude

I've heard the 92 model is the last of this model and the bike itself is good and reliable considering its a ducati,
    and the lack of replys on this post...I think confirms this

If you've owned a 907 for about 20 years, you pretty much have lived what you'll experience - regulator/rectifiers, fuel pumps and filters, crank case breathers, starter relays, P7 computers, thermostats, sprag clutches... Valve adjustments are about 4 times as difficult - that's the only difference... But parts/kits for the forks and shock are easier to find.

Wink

yeah...duck851...all the fun and games of owning a ducati...but you wouldnt want anything else
    actually the 907 has been very good so far...the only mechanical problem was a restricted fuel filter a few years back
    the 851 should be outside my front door next wed morning...cant wait !

Congrats - post some pics when you can.

I hope that the 851 is as good to you as your 907 has been.

I didn't post earlier as there was not much to add with regards to what to look out for that you would not be aware of already. Enjoy the new machine.

Peter

I've had one for the last 6 years and have taken it touring, trackdaying and commuting. No enforced issues and the recent engine work at 35k miles was mainly out of desire rather than need.

IMHO they are the best looking, other than the SP4.

(ducks for cover!)

Smile

thanks for all the replys...I think 92 was a good year for ducati, had a look at other ducatis much newer...just couldnt get exited, 888 are very hard to get, and of course the 851 was my next choice, you are spot on Paul61...theyre a great looking piece of machinery

Mate,

Sex on wheels, you will enjoy her trust me as the bike is coming from a trusted source as Geoff has some sensational bikes in his stable.

When in need give my mate Brad Black a call and he will sort you out 100% as his a trusted mechanic there in Melb, no one else touched my bikes except Brad.

Enjoy
    GT

thanks for that Glenn...its a small world, Geoff sounds like a genuine easy going sort of a bloke, might give him a call in the morning to see how things are proceeding.
    went to the Italian motorcycle exibition in Preston (Melbourne) and a very neat 851sp won the 4 valve division, I think I left my drool stains on his tank.
    Claude

+ Reply to Thread