+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 93 900ss pipes on my 888 strada

Default 93 900ss pipes on my 888 strada

I've bought a set of the above off ebay. I got them on a buy it now as i'm short ofr cash and just cant afford the few that i've found what with my 3 children and house extension coming first. UNsure of the make but they are carbon and off a 93 model SS.

So , for 150 , have a bought myself more trouble than i've found as i'm thinking that they will fit on pretty easy give or take a bit.

I believe the 888 Strada passenger/exhaust bracket is located in the same position as the 900 passenger/exhaust bracket. Staintune shows the pipes to be interchangeable. Scroll to bottom of page. http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/shop/ca...i/exhaust.html
    Mark

900ss carby cans fit right on
    done it myself many times
    Steve B

Default 888 strada pipes on my 888 strada

Old thread resurrection !
    I've got high Termis and hangers for an '93 888 strada, and so far as I know the bike has standard exhaust headers and rear subframe, but the brackets aren't lining up in either plane. Too low and too far inboard. When tried on a standard '93 900SS they line up fine !
    Does the header angle or the rear subframe look non standard?
    I'm puzzled.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images

I think you need different brackets. Did you buy those Termis on eBay? I bought what I think are the same (40mm outlet high mufflers) for my 1994 888 LTD and I ended up using the stock mounts. I think my mount location is different than yours but that is how I solved the issue.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Brilloman; 04-22-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilloman View Post
    I think you need different brackets. Did you buy those Termis on eBay? I bought what I think are the same (40mm outlet high mufflers) for my 1994 888 LTD and I ended up using the stock mounts. I think my mount location is different than yours but that is how I solved the issue.
    Yes, the 900/888 Strada vs SPO/LTD has different frames and mount location. Cans are the same, but hangers different.

Thanks for responses. It is clear these brackets don't fit this bike but I'm still in the dark as to why, and would like to understand it before I go for custom made brackets.
    Earlier thread contributors agreed that the dimensions from the exhaust headers to the subframe exhaust hangers is the same on an 888 Strada as it is on a 900ss of the same year and the exhaust makers and Ducati seem to agree with that by the brackets they sell, but on my 888 it isn't true hence my wondering if my headers /subframe were standard, or, if the dims between the two bikes weren't the same and I have brackets for a 900ss not an 888.
    Thanks

Can I suggest that you put the bracket that you have in a vise and open up the bend angles? Maybe that will put them where they need to be?

I tried it in card and unfortunately it will not line up. Worth a try though!
    I will make some new carrier plates in alloy.
    Thanks all.

+ Reply to Thread