+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: SP2 Boy ...

Default SP2 Boy ... (update)

Is there anybody else who is missing some carbon from SP2 Boy which they already have payed for ?? (I do...)

Is there anybody who has received some carbon from SP2 Boy within the past 2 month's ?? (June/July 2010...)

I have to say that I'm not as patient as I have been anymore and I agree with Ripper996 about the missing politeness of Peter....

So if ANYBODY is in contact with Peter, please tell him to take a look at this thread.

I have heard the rumour that his father was ill and he had to go see him in Portugal. But that was long ago, at least he could have replyed the mails.

Update 23/8-2010 :
    Airbox recieved incl. a very nice letter explaining the hole matter (at least for me) and a present to "compensate" for the lack of communication, worries etc. (a very, very nice gesture)

I must say that I'm sitting here feeling a bid sad about the hole thing
    Those of you who has been following this thread will see that I have deleted some things in the text above. The rest stands.

Peter has explained what has happened to his father, the things has arrived, they look stunningly good and I'm a satisfied Ducatisti. I feel that i "know" Peter and the way he works much better now and won't hesitate to order some parts again.
    I wish the best for Peter and his father ...

For me this case has been solved, I hope we can look forward and that I won't be "banned" in "bad standing" or worse for asking the moderator to delete this thread within 1 month from now
    Last edited by Vitho; 08-23-2010 at 06:33 AM.
    Thomas
    -92 851 S3
    -92 900 SL no. 053
    -94 900 SL no. 738 (for sale)

Default Elliot Ness,Lord Lucan (SP2 boy)

Who is this guy......is it Henry the mild mannered janitor......is it sarge.....is it mary ,the receptionist...... (or is it Hong Kong phooey !!!!) laughing!!!!
    Guys for your information,I bought some carbon parts many months ago from this chap.After many months of waiting and pestering I got the parts.They are good quality and was pleased.However , one part didn't turn up which I paid for and am still waiting......this being a carbon cover for the reg/rec located behind the top yoke/headstock.
    Its a shame this chap can't provide the materials he makes because they are decent quality.He lets himself down by what looks like not having the business acumen to deliver to a schedule.Maybe he's a one man band outfit and possibly there are other reasons ?
    It's nearly twelve months since I first placed an order with this chap,no explanation....perhaps he's forgot..... who knows.

adie 851

I got to tell you guys, Pete is a one man band alright and started from scratch. He did have some issue with time, winter and resin not going off in his shed, and floods. I don't know whats happen to him of late, but I do know he was trying his hardest to produce top quality carbon at a reasonable price, and it did sound like it was his first venture into small business. I don't know the bloke personally, me being here and him being on the small wind swept rock, we've had many PMs, and I assure you, he was trying his best to do something for the guys on the forum with passion. If he's not dead, I'm sure he'll be back and honor his arrangements.
    If it makes you feel any better I waited 2 years for a kick starter from the factory for my bevel back in the 80's. So the way I see it, he's just being part of the Ducati way. Just imagine how much more you'll appreciate your pieces when you do get them, as well as being another chapter in the bike story to rattle on about at the pub.

Griff

Thumbs down

Yes, that might be true about the Ducati way Griff, but this is a Forum, not a motorcycle company. Many people have put their trust into this guy. The fact that his PM box hasn't accepted PM's for over 5 months now should be a sign. Family bereavement or not, the mourning is usually over pretty quick (personal experience), and everything resumes it's normal self. A simple reply or even a statement on this forum would suffice, but it hasn't happened. Sad really.
    1992 Ducati 888 SP4
    1992 Ducati 900SS
    2010 HD XRCR

Where there's a will, there is a way, and there is a #%&@ing way...

Then I guess you have to assume he's snuffed it and you've done your dosh I suppose. It does happen.

Griff

Wouldn't be the first time.
    1992 Ducati 888 SP4
    1992 Ducati 900SS
    2010 HD XRCR

Default Update in first message ...

See first message with update ..
    Thomas
    -92 851 S3
    -92 900 SL no. 053
    -94 900 SL no. 738 (for sale)

There you go then. Pete, it turns out, thinks family is more important than plastic, can't fault a bloke like that can you. I guess we become cynical due to our dealings in every day life with the scum that also inhabit our planet. Its good to know people like Pete are out there still. It lets you know that hope for humanity isn't wasted.

Now here's something else. Clear as much of your debt as you possibly can as quickly as you can. There's a storm coming, and its not going to be pleasant. The great depression will seem like a day out in Willy Wonkers chocolate factory. And my best guess is funnily enough 2012. You've been warned!

Griff

I too echo Vithos latest comments and was in the same boat as other Forum members.
    However I did in fact recieve my item on Saturday from SP2 Boy and posted my original reply there all I can say Peter is it was well worth the wait! and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitho View Post
    a very nice letter explaining the hole matter (at least for me) and a present to "compensate" for the lack of communication, worries etc. (a very, very nice gesture)
    Did he say that he was sending out the parts to the other members who had paid for his products?
    1992 Ducati 888 SP4
    1992 Ducati 900SS
    2010 HD XRCR

+ Reply to Thread