+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 888 SP4 No535 for sale

Default 888 SP4 No535 for sale

Hi Guys,
    Linky-link
    Here's a link to a set of photo's I just took of my SP4. Its up for sale due to my knee injury (and subsequent operation, yesterday!) NOT due to anything amiss with the bike which is in as near perfect condition as I have been able to pamper it to! I have a huge set of history and bills dating since 1995, plus the original stamped up service book etc etc. Not quite a full set of documentation but as near as dammit.

The bike was looked after by 'Baines Racing' in the UK for a lot of its life and they don't come any more knowledgeable or thorough than John and Geoff Baines (or expensive i might add!! - but you do know you are getting a proper job done so its worth it IMO) Bought from Forza Italia in early 2004 the bike had a full engine rebuild at Baines before I even rode it, replacing rockers, piston rings, etc. Less than 2000 miles covered since and the bike has been kept inside in a low humidity environment in my ownership with regular starting and 50 mile runs to keep it sweet. I also found that 1 of the fork damping adjusters didn't seem quite right so it was back to Baines' for a complete for rebuild and suspension set up - she rides very very well now.

I've enjoyed the ownership of this bike more than any other I've owned - it really has a soul that is unequalled elsewhere, at least to me - just upset that I can't ride it any more...

Offers somewhere around NZ$24k please gentlemen.
    Last edited by jcsh; 12-03-2007 at 12:46 PM.

Thumbs up On Trade-me in NZ as from yesterday

Hi Guys,
    Not much interest from here so far - so is now on trade-me too.

BTW 1 guy who lives in Oz was interested in how to get it imported and complied - does anyone know the straight-skinny on how to do this?

Thanks very much
    kind regards
    James

The bike is just shipped over normally. Then you have to find an approved engineer/importer to sign the appropriate docs and do the inspection. Once completed he will fix the plate to the bike. Then register as normal.
    Some one like these guys.
    http://www.bikenut.com.au/dealers.php?id=25

Griff

Quote Originally Posted by griff851 View Post
    The bike is just shipped over normally. Then you have to find an approved engineer/importer to sign the appropriate docs and do the inspection. Once completed he will fix the plate to the bike. Then register as normal.
    Some one like these guys.
    http://www.bikenut.com.au/dealers.php?id=25

Griff
    Thanks Griff - much appreciated!
    Cheers
    James

Default Importing to Australia

I found a 888 SP4S in Holland. Build No.2/100 with 2200kms on it. Wanted to import it into Australia. Spoke to Frasers (Aust. Importers) who put me on to their compliance guy, who lives in Victoria. Within the last 2 years, all the rules concerning Ducati changed. Basically, he cannot give a compliance plate for any Ducati built after Jan 1 1990. Without a compliance plate, you cannot get your import certificate from Dept. of Transport, which means it won't clear customs blah, blah, blah (can't be done). Unless you bring it is as a museum piece or racebike. You CAN import bikes from NZ, with any build date, PROVIDED the bike in question was imported for NZ by Frasers (they do AUS and NZ). If the SP4 in question is a NZ delivered bike, it's no problem. If it is a NZ grey import (ie non-NZ delivered) it CANNOT be complied. I know because I wanted the SPS and tried all sorts of angles. Not to be. Had to dull the pain with my SP3. Life ain't too bad :-) Hope this helps my ANZAC buddies. Looks like we can only import bevels...

Default Rwg

Hi, To you all,

This subject is very intertesting to me because I am reaching the final stages of appllying to emigrate to NZ from the UK.

I have at least three Ducs, poss 4 that I would like to take with me. 1989, 851Tri - 1992, 900Sl - 2 x Paul Smart, one tricked a little!.
    Can any one provide advise regarding importing in to NZ. much appreciated in advance.
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by markus_sp3 View Post
    I found a 888 SP4S in Holland. Build No.2/100 with 2200kms on it. Wanted to import it into Australia. Spoke to Frasers (Aust. Importers) who put me on to their compliance guy, who lives in Victoria. Within the last 2 years, all the rules concerning Ducati changed. Basically, he cannot give a compliance plate for any Ducati built after Jan 1 1990. Without a compliance plate, you cannot get your import certificate from Dept. of Transport, which means it won't clear customs blah, blah, blah (can't be done). Unless you bring it is as a museum piece or racebike. You CAN import bikes from NZ, with any build date, PROVIDED the bike in question was imported for NZ by Frasers (they do AUS and NZ). If the SP4 in question is a NZ delivered bike, it's no problem. If it is a NZ grey import (ie non-NZ delivered) it CANNOT be complied. I know because I wanted the SPS and tried all sorts of angles. Not to be. Had to dull the pain with my SP3. Life ain't too bad :-) Hope this helps my ANZAC buddies. Looks like we can only import bevels...
    Just to add to this. If you have owned the bike and lived in the foreign country for 12mths and can prove it, you can bring it in as a personal import. The you have to pay 10% GST on the cost of the bike and freight. Then you sign forms and then find an engineer who can issue a compliance plate. So if your come here to live you can bring your own bike. How very annoying our Gov is.
    Not much chance of more SP's turning up here then. Oh well just have to build our own.

Griff

+ Reply to Thread