+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 1992 Ducati 888 SP4 CA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by ripper996 View Post
    The original SP4 frame is still on the bike. I bought a '93 SPO frame 2 years ago. Sort of a 'just in case' purchase.
    Gotcha........ sorry for the mis-read.

Hope you get the $30k......and wonder what my SP4S will bring when I get it done.

Good luck.
    Last edited by mrc.engr; 02-24-2010 at 09:33 AM.
    Mike Cecchini

It's not what you ride.......it's how you ride it.

loony888 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrc.engr View Post
    Gotcha........ sorry for the mis-read.

Hope you get the $30k......and wonder what my SP4S will bring when I get it done.

Good luck.

fuck all if you paint the frame yellow and lather it with stickers!

Thumbs up !!!!

Huh,

And mate your being nice too.
    GT

Quote Originally Posted by loony888 View Post
    Don't think so mate..... I'd rathter torch it first.
    Mike Cecchini

I was going to list my 851 for sale on Ducati.ms but not with this bike listed right next to it... It'd be embarassing.
    Maybe I'll come to my senses and just buy another 851 I've been looking at for a track bike.
    Good luck with the sale, Ripper. I referred a serious collector your way so maybe he'll be in contact. It would get relocated to the Pacific NW then I could drool on it occasionally in his shop.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by molamphy View Post
    I was going to list my 851 for sale on Ducati.ms but not with this bike listed right next to it... It'd be embarassing.
    Maybe I'll come to my senses and just buy another 851 I've been looking at for a track bike.
    Good luck with the sale, Ripper. I referred a serious collector your way so maybe he'll be in contact. It would get relocated to the Pacific NW then I could drool on it occasionally in his shop.
    Yes..... Brian might want it.
    Mike Cecchini

Lightbulb How eager we are.......

Quote Originally Posted by loony888 View Post
    Sorry........ kinda slow this a.m. to take this one as intended.

If you'd pull yer head out of yer arse and not be so eager to slam another's machine...... you'd see the SPC has not only it's original oem painted SPO frame, but just two small period decals on the very bottom of the side panels hardly qualifies it as "lathered" with stickers.

http://tinyurl.com/c6u2yw

The whole idea from day-one on this special was to not change a major item like the frame......so all one has to do is unbolt the yellow panels, seat and tank........and bolt on the the original oem bits and it looks like any other SP5(s) at a glance.

Actually, now that these machines are getting into a vintaqe status, this is exactly what I indend to do when I find another CF tank and paint it oem red with oem decals.

The yellow bits will be assembled on a frame/jig and hung from the garage ceiling as a momento to the time, effort and money put into it.
    Mike Cecchini

C'mon lads lets not have another slanging match and before anyone says he started it, I'm not interested...
    I've got 6 children the youngest are 5 + 6 and I have to deal with this sort of thing all to often, they've got an excuse, but you're both grown ups!
    Any more arguments and you'll both be sent upto bed with no supper and NO bedtime story.

Steve R
    Last edited by Mr.R; 02-22-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Thumbs up

Couldn't agree more...........and from a moderator no less.

Cheers...... Mike
    Mike Cecchini

loony888 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
    C'mon lads lets not have another slanging match and before anyone says he started it, I'm not interested...
    I've got 6 children the youngest are 5 + 6 and I have to deal with this sort of thing all to often, they've got an excuse, but you're both grown ups!
    Any more arguments and you'll both be sent upto bed with no supper and NO bedtime story.

Steve R

it's all cool, i started it. just a dig at mikes strange sense of style referring to his old 851 "hotrod". at least he's not being secret squirrel lately, anyway, must be off! i need to pry my head out of my arse!

paul.
    ps, what the hell is an SPC? In oz it's a tin of fruit! is it a real SP4S? if not you've no business calling it one.
    Last edited by loony888; 02-23-2010 at 04:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread