+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Register SP models

Default Register SP models

Hi Guys,

What about a register for Ducati 851/888 SP and Corse models that would comprise of Prod #, Frame#, Engine# and history of the bike. This register could become an interesting databank for owners and future buyers of these models and at the same time it could be helpful to prevent anybody to fraud with numbers in order to make a gain.

Regards,
    Michiel

I'm up for it

Me too!!!

Hi lads,
    Try a search on this forum or Google, I think that someone has already got something like this on the blocks, or up and running.

Steve R

Paul Neal started it.

There has been one at MicaPeak for quite a while. It includes quite a few SPs.

http://micapeak.com/reg/bikes/851/

Been on there for four years or more by now. Every once in a while someone will contact me because of the listing.

Thumbs up The 851 888 Site is the place!

Morning,

Whoever, whatever but this site would be the most appropriate I'd say! If you want your bike in the open register you need to prove the heritage of the bike and its numbers. This way it will become a valuable datasource that will help the honest people and can help prevent crooks form making money on cheating!

Cheerio,
    Mic

loony888 Guest

a register is not a bad thing, but i'd be concerned about a crook picking the eyes out of the list and creating a replica using a number that isn't present on the list. i don't have an SP but i know how easy it is to duplicate one as well as how easy it might be to sell it on at a huge profit for the right spec replica, so if i had one i'd be keeping the identifying numbers a closely guarded secret especially the triple clamp plaque number.
    just my .02c

paul.

Over the last year or so, I've been recording the details of any SP5's that I came across, with the intention of putting together a register of sorts.

I haven't got many of them - perhaps about 24 or 25 in a google spreadsheet, not bad for passively collecting info, ususally from when the bike turns up for sale (or in one case, it was just a set of triple clamps, complete with the all-important headstock number that was up for sale on Ebay in Australia - that'd be a clear warning should that number ever turn up on a bike).

I'd be happy for this info to become the basis, or otherwise be contributed to some shared registry - it's all information that was in the public domain.

I've recorded the headstock number, but have very deliberately not recorded any chassis/VIN or engine numbers for exactly the reasons of concern voiced here.

Oh - I'm also an IT geek, so the intention was to construct a proper database with a web front-end for it. If there is enthusiasm for it, and I can find the time, I'd be happy to put something in place.

+ Reply to Thread