+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wanted - Brembo GP Caliper

Default Wanted - Brembo GP Caliper

Bit of a long shot - has anyone got a 851/888 period 'right hand' caliper sleeping on a shelf they wish to sell or know where I might get one?

It's to match the 'left hand' caliper below, must be early 'champagne gold' colour not dark gold Brembo currently offer.

Or perhaps someone has the opposite dilemma and wishes to buy mine?

Cheers

Default Brembo Caliper

What is the part number of the caliper you are looking for

BRE 101740 or Bre 101741?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AJV View Post

Is that your Brembo caliper for sale on Ebay UK?
    1992 Ducati 888 SP4
    1992 Ducati 900SS
    2010 HD XRCR

Where there's a will, there is a way, and there is a #%&@ing way...

888906 - The caliper I have is from a 95 supermono, duc part number 61040072A. The only numbers on the caliper are stamped 1E30 - is that any help?

Ripper996 - I'm not selling a caliper on ebay, someone was selling a RH billet caliper with TI pistons & bolts. Mine has aluminum & steel, otherwise I would have hit the 'but it now' button.

Any help locating a matching RH caliper will be much appreciated.

Cheers

888906 - The caliper I have is from a 95 supermono, duc part number 61040072A. The only numbers on the caliper are stamped 1E30 - is that any help?

Ripper996 - I'm not selling a caliper on ebay, someone was selling a RH billet caliper with TI pistons & bolts. Mine has aluminum & steel, otherwise I would have hit the 'but it now' button.

Any help locating a matching RH caliper will be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Hells Bells Andy if I was looking for one to make up a pair,
    I'd have bought the one on E-bay and then added the parts to either to make them the same.
    Ti bolts and alloy pistons are still available and in your neck of the woods there's plenty of people who are pretty competent in machining Titanium.

Steve R

P.S. I got your PM and the parts aren't going anywhere for now, it would be nice to meet you when you're next 'Way down West'.
    St Ives is lovely at any time of the year, it's about 80 miles from me,
    but I sometimes take a ride down there on a Sunday morning for breakfast on one of my Dukes.
    I usually leave early (5-6am) before 'Mr Plod' has fully woken up for obvious reasons.

The other niggle I had with the Ti piston caliper on ebay was the brembo logo next to the pad retaining pin. Mine doesn’t have one, just an arrow, petty I know but the difference would have bugged me.

Perhaps I could re-anodise an existing stock ‘dark gold’ caliper to look like
    90’s period ‘champaign gold’. Anybody tried this or know who could do it?

Steve – If you are willing to ride your Duke to St Ives, 21st March, breakfast at the ‘Sloop’ is on me.

Default Also looking for a RH Billet GP caliper

Not trying to usurp the original thread, but does anyone have a very nice R/H caliper to go with this one? Available?

Default caliper

AJV,
    Came across on eBay, article#: 370266869428. Is this what you're looking for?
    grts,
    WP

Bit of a long shot - has anyone got a 851/888 period 'right hand' caliper sleeping on a shelf they wish to sell or know where I might get one?

It's to match the 'left hand' caliper below, must be early 'champagne gold' colour not dark gold Brembo currently offer.

Cheers

Default R/H Caliper in eBay in Europe

Might work for AJV. But the price is a "bit" steep for one.

Many thanks for the ebay link, looks like the seller has more than one to sell –never ceases to amaze me how parts that have been out of production for years can be found with help of others…

It’s defiantly an option but £550 for one caliper is a bit ‘steep’ for me too. A pair of GP calipers in ‘dark gold’ can be purchased retail in the UK for similar money.

I will make them an offer and see what happens – fingers crossed!

+ Reply to Thread