+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 888 Sps #002

Just a quick note to defend us "collectors" out there. I love Ducati's, and I have a collection I am happy with. Some sit in my garage "gathering dust" as some here would say, because to me they are every bit as valuable as unridden works of engineering art. I do not want to open up the can of worms on whether these bikes should or should not be ridden. I have ridden all of mine, but I am not happy with the way collectors are often made to feel like less of a motorcycle enthusiast because they refuse to take their particular motorcycle out on the road or track and flog the shit out of it. To each his own, and we should all support that. We all love the same things essentially, right? Beautiful Ducati's.....

Phil

Thumbs up !!!

PRD,

Mate I have full respect for all persons who value shear brilliance ( Ducatiís ) now the Kit 851 that I now own was in layman terms owned by an avid enthusiast.

If it was not for this wonderful Gent then simple I would own a very irresistible piece of Ducati Engineering.

So I do appreciate the collectors out there.
    GT

It seems to me.......

As this dealer is Dutch,
    maybe his email response came out of an online translator having taken an unfortunate shift in it's meaning. I know that I've had to decifer some odd prose where 'babelfish' turned out to be the culprit. Though, weird telephone manner.....?

It being someone's 'lucky day',
    Most people want to get a fair price AND have the buyer feel he has bought well, a 'win win' situation based on moral principal.

Collectors,
    Who here would not be in that position if they could?

It is true to say the best Ducati's become VERY valuable with the passage of time?
    I think it was back in the 1800's that Schopenhauer wrote “All truth passes through three stages. Ridicule, opposition and acceptance.”

By the way,
    I came across this, any idea what it's market value might be?

"This is my 1974 Ducati 750 Super Sport. The bike is 100% correct and 100% original, right down to the original (crappy) tires and (only fair) shocks. It still has its original paint, thus it looks bronze in color rather than silver. The clear coats on these bikes always go bronze after a while. The original decals on are on the bike and have shrunk slightly and twisted over the years. The motorcycle has 2421 km = 1501 miles on the clock."
    Last edited by 851corsa; 01-21-2010 at 07:09 AM.

Spike will be salivating all over that bevel later!

I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport .... I don't see the 750 sport ....

ducatista's mantra
    bye
    Jacknipper

"better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven"

Thumbs up !!!!!

Jack,

Now now !!!
    GT

It seems an example as original as this but with 3 times the mileage sold at auction in 2007 for $81,600 (£50,000) !!!!!!!!

http://www.carpictures.com/vehicle/07GUD050912561.html

-------

I can't help but think Schopenhauer's concept of there being three stages of truth seems to hold water as we have had ridicule and opposition and now with this ss750 being so valuable it seems to be evident that sometimes high asking prices are justified and people are 'accepting' it by paying them, I mean the ss750 was the top of the range roadbike of 1974, around 400 were produced (100 888SPS) and it was special in that it was breathed on by the raceshop, I supposed these facts are true for the 888sps too,

The 1974 ss750, the 888SPS of it's day?
    Last edited by 851corsa; 01-21-2010 at 07:08 AM.

Cool Green Flame

I came across this one on ducati.ms which apparently sold for $130,000US - - and the owner rides it.

Attachment 4393
    If you're not living life on the edge - you're taking up too much space!

I already have a 750SS Glenn!

Jx

'Sunken' Bugatti, retrieved from a lake.

Estimated value...£80K
    Sold for............£228K (23rd Jan 2010)

Shows how hard it can be to put a value on something. We can all only guess.

http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com/...ned-after.html
    Last edited by 851corsa; 01-25-2010 at 04:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread