+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti exhaust header

Default Spaghetti exhaust header

Hi Guys,
    Question for you gents ......what noticeable difference will it have on my SP2 ( performance wise) fitting one of the aforementioned items ? Look forward to your replies.Hope you can tell me something Steve (Mr.R.).

Cheers, adie851

loony888 Guest

i guess seeing as steve is the only one who knows anything about the spaghetti system you will have to wait for his reply.........

I don't think that only with spaghetti it's possibile to gain a lot of hp as told by Falloon on his book about desmo4 performance: maybe with the right eprom and other works on intake and engine you can gain 2-3 hp but overall spaghetti improve low end running and throttle response as the most noticeable effect

really I don't know how my sp4 runs with original exhaust, that I put in warehouse, because spaghetti looks and sounds too fine
    bye
    Jacknipper

"better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven"

Default Speg System

Hello,

My answer to your question, being is a 'nest of vipers'(Spaghetti) system a gain, yes, definately,the difference, as already written, on the top end especially is very noticeable and allows my engine to rev out very freely round to 11500 rpm.
    Ok, my SP has a 926 engine with drilled Pankl steel rods, Race forged Omega pistons, larger valves and race cams all married together with the Spaghetti system works a treat. Ok its basically a Corsa engine with the race system, see picture, so the answer to your question is a positive one.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Guy
    Last edited by burtsp5; 01-06-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Spag System

They do come up for sale from time to time, so happy hunting.

cheers

I doubt that you will notice the difference on a stock engine, but they do look nice!

Quote Originally Posted by burtsp5 View Post
    Hello,

My answer to your question, being is a 'nest of vipers'(Spaghetti) system a gain, yes, definately,the difference, as already written, on the top end especially is very noticeable and allows my engine to rev out very freely round to 11500 rpm.
    Ok, my SP has a 926 engine with drilled Pankl steel rods, Race forged Omega pistons, larger valves and race cams all married together with the Spaghetti system works a treat. Ok its basically a Corsa engine with the race system, see picture, so the answer to your question is a positive one.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Guy
    I never saw spaghetti end cans with standard brackets and without the two more brackets at the end: even the round of header pipes seems different
    bye
    Jacknipper

"better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven"

Quote Originally Posted by jacknipper View Post
    I never saw spaghetti end cans with standard brackets and without the two more brackets at the end: even the round of header pipes seems different
    You can use standard hangers with spag headers, they end in the same place as the standard cross headers. The bracket at the rear seems to have been added by race teams for whatever reason. Picture
    Headers that can be a pain are the Sil Moto ones that don't end in the correct place, hence I have a custom set of alloy cans on mine at the moment.

My job next year is to get the girl on the Dyno and see what if any advantage there is with these, this may then need the installation of a Power Commander or similar to sort out any fuelling issues. Would it be worth having the cams dialled in beforehand?

I have to agree with Marvin and Guy The purpose of them is part of a tuning set up to get better flow at high RPM. I have read in some places that an increase of about 8-15 Hp can be archived just by bolting on decent headers, but that would be in the higher RPM range after the torque curve has finished.
    I modified a set of ST4 headers and stuck them on. I had to richen the fuel up a fair bit, which is an indication of developing more power. But as I'm a bastard and won't go on a dyno I couldn't say how much. The engine did feel gruntier in the mid range that's for sure, which is torque increase. Now I have modified the engine with larger valves, a bit of porting on drop cam heads, it spins easily out to 11,000 rpm, but this is not a desirable place to go as crank case life suffers.
    The spag systems do look trick that's for sure.

Brad Blacks performance diaries has some great info and graphs on the subject.

Griff

Quote Originally Posted by stafford View Post

My job next year is to get the girl on the Dyno and see what if any advantage there is with these, this may then need the installation of a Power Commander or similar to sort out any fuelling issues. Would it be worth having the cams dialled in beforehand?
    Always a good idea to get the cams dialed in.

Griff

+ Reply to Thread